• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Community Outreach Program - Helping People And Getting Our Message Out!

Started by error, July 26, 2007, 02:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Since RattyDog has been talking about doing something which might do things like this, I figured I'd repost this idea which was posted over at NH Tea Party.

--

I came across this request on CraigsList for moving help...

http://nh.craigslist.org/lbg/382490985.html

And since I know we do a pretty good job of moving porcupines...

I thought that this might be a really good opportunity to help non-porcupines...

And we could document the event and put out press releases and perhaps a video online...

I'm guessing the newspapers would print it, or at least put an online article up...

I have NOT made contact with the original poster requesting help yet...

I wanted to know if others would be interested...

I don't think I could do it all myself(and still document it with video and stills...lol)

They are offering compensation...maybe we could donate that to Ron Paul or some other worthy cause...

Russell Kanning

sounds good .... I bet they would be happier if many people showed up .... they could just pay the amount they were originally thinking

too far away for me to join though

Dreepa

Error great idea.

I am 'busy' the next few weeks but after that I am up for it.

Also there was an interesting article in the CM a few weeks ago. About a woman who asked for help moving grocery bags into her house.  That might make a good volunteer service.  I will look for that article.

KBCraig

Quote from: RattyDog on July 27, 2007, 09:14 AM NHFT
Error....I've looked at this link again and it seems that these folks have no need for a wily female. They state very specificaly that they need two strong men.

Typo? Maybe they meant "wiry female"?  ;)

supperman15

Error....I've looked at this link again and it seems that these folks have no need for a wily female. They state very specificaly that they need two strong men. Oh well.

Perhaps I'll slip on an apron and a pleasant smile and bring refreshments and cookies instead.  ;)  ;D

Seriously though, this kind of activity, community helpers, is going to be crutial for us as we move forward. I have spent a lot of time thining about this and trying to outline a plan of "Action Needed" to get the ball rolling. I will have a plan with me when I come to Murphy's next Tuesday. So at least then we;ll have something to look at and revise, some sort of plan, you know? Something to argue/debate about!  :)

can you post whatever you come up with afterwards for those of us who wont be there?

supperman15

Quote from: RattyDog on July 28, 2007, 12:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: supperman15 on July 28, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFT
Error....I've looked at this link again and it seems that these folks have no need for a wily female. They state very specificaly that they need two strong men. Oh well.

Perhaps I'll slip on an apron and a pleasant smile and bring refreshments and cookies instead.  ;)  ;D

Seriously though, this kind of activity, community helpers, is going to be crutial for us as we move forward. I have spent a lot of time thining about this and trying to outline a plan of "Action Needed" to get the ball rolling. I will have a plan with me when I come to Murphy's next Tuesday. So at least then we;ll have something to look at and revise, some sort of plan, you know? Something to argue/debate about!  :)

can you post whatever you come up with afterwards for those of us who wont be there?

My plan was going to be to beg Kat for a sticky in one of the forums, to keep everybody in the loop about the "militia news"...I am very serious about this plan and hope to have as many "hands on deck" as possible. My feeling is that if I am able to brainstorm with tons of people face to face and then post our plans here for all to see and add input...we will come up with some awesome ideas!

I actually think that the face to face element is very important.   sometimes you can communicate better.  I think some things like choosing time and place for protest should not be done online, because then the piggies can find out a lot easier...

But cook, hopefully cat will give it to you she seems like a very cool lady.

CNHT

I think we asked for help with the flood victims and were told basically to get lost.

It would have been a good way to show you are the good guys.

Kat Kanning

It's cute when she gets all fired up :)  You don't have to beg for a sticky, just start your thread and let me know which one it is.

CNHT

Quote from: RattyDog on July 30, 2007, 08:46 AM NHFT
How do they think disasters like this were handled before they were getting paid to do it? Neighbors helped neighbors...that's how. That's all we're trying to do...and you know, it IS the way to show them we're the good guys!

It's true and the porcs have a tradition of this starting with helping people move in and feel welcomed.
There's a family coming on Aug 5th...really great people...that would be a great place to start if you haven't.
I think it takes a lot of courage to up and move from where you've lived and go to a whole new state. Not fun to think you might be there 'alone'.

If it weren't for certain porcs, I wouldn't have gotten half the stuff done around my house that I did (garage, cellar, porch)... they've helped me chip away at this mountain.  They also came and did food shopping for me and kept me company when I was bedridden for 7 months and helped me do other stuff like plant signs and such. One even waited for about 6 hours in the ER with me when I was taken in by ambulance last September with internal bleeding...