• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Freedom to Travel" Event

Started by Kat Kanning, May 17, 2005, 06:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Oh, that reminds me...there's something disgusting where I work.  There are some shoes that say on the box that they're "TSA Friendly".  I guess that means they don't have metal in them to set off the metal detectors.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 17, 2009, 12:58 PM NHFT
Oh, that reminds me...there's something disgusting where I work.  There are some shoes that say on the box that they're "TSA Friendly".  I guess that means they don't have metal in them to set off the metal detectors.

Maybe it means they are shaped for smooth travel
up a TSA ass.

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on November 18, 2009, 12:30 AM NHFT
Maybe it means they are shaped for smooth travel
up a TSA ass.

I prefer cleats or steel-toed safety shoes for that.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

He is a War reporter:MICHAEL YON ENCOUNTERS BORDER SECURITY: Posts on Facebook.

Got arrested at the Seattle airport for refusing to say how much money I make. (The uniformed ones say I was not "arrested", but they definitely handcuffed me.) Their videos and audios should show that I was polite, but simply refused questions that had nothing to do with national security. Port authority police eventually came — they were professionals — and rescued me from the border bullies. . . . When they handcuffed me, I said that no country has ever treated me so badly. Not China. Not Vietnam. Not Afghanistan. Definitely not Singapore or India or Nepal or Germany, not Brunei, not Indonesia, or Malaysia, or Kuwait or Qatar or United Arab Emirates. No county has treated me with the disrespect that can be expected from our border bullies.

Russell Kanning

so .... do we run from the biggest police state in the world .... or monkeywrench it?

thinkliberty

Here is Orson Welles idea on protecting Privacy, the Passport and Personal Rights

http://www.thejanuarist.com/orson-welles-on-privacy-the-passport-and-personal-rights/

QuoteI'd like it very much if somebody would make a great big international organization for the protection of the individual. That way, there could be offices at every frontier. And whenever we're presented with something unpleasant, that we don't want to fill one of these idiotic questionnaires, we could say "Oh no, I'm sorry, it's against the rules of our organization to fill out that questionnaire." And they'd say "Ah, but it's the regulations," and we'd say, "Very well, see our lawyer," because if there were enough of us, our dues would pay for the best lawyers in all the countries of the world. And we could bring to court these invasions of our privacy, and test them under law. It would nice to have that sort of organization, be nice to have that sort of card. I see the card as fitting into the passport, a little larger than the passport, with a border around it, in bright colors, so that it would catch the eye of the police. And they'd know who they were dealing with ... The card itself should look rather like a union card, I should think, a card of an automobile club. And since its purpose is to impress and control officialdom, well, obviously, it should be as official looking as possible. With a lot of seals and things like that on it. And it might read something as follows:

This is to certify that the bearer is a member of the human race. All relevant information is to be found in his passport. And except when there is good reason for suspecting him of some crime, he will refuse to submit to police interrogation, on the grounds that any such interrogation is an intolerable nuisance. And life being as short as it is, a waste of time. Any infringement on his privacy, or interference with his liberty, any assault, however petty, against his dignity as a human being, will be rigorously prosecuted by the undersigned ...

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 11, 2010, 04:31 PM NHFT
Frequent Flier Cancer Project  :P

Don't worry, the treatment will be free.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 11, 2010, 02:45 PM NHFT

Kat is thinking we should hold signs like these outside the goverment airport in Manchestah soon
any good ideas?

i need to do an email interview of the airport guy

Kat Kanning

Here's what we're thinking so far:

Flash the TSA Event
We show up at the airport in just trench coats/boots & hold signs against the naked body scanners.  This would be in Manch. airport, outside the screening areas where people wait to retrieve their loved ones.

Russell Kanning

I can see wearing the sandwich board signs saying
"you asked to see everything"

or something similar

Kat Kanning

Yeah, you could wear just the sandwich board  :D

Ogre

Or perhaps words on the sign to the effect of: "Are you safer now?"