• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Freedom to Travel" Event

Started by Kat Kanning, May 17, 2005, 06:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: CNHT on July 25, 2007, 11:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on July 25, 2007, 07:57 AM NHFT
Something else you might not know is that you could have gotten that ticket in the parking lot of the MVD headquarters in Concord and you would not be able to  go into the building and registered your car.

You're right. i was stopped within 500 feet of the autoparts place where I was to get my inspection and there was no pleading with him to let me get over there for one...

I was talking about registration

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on July 25, 2007, 02:55 PM NHFT
I was talking about registration

I understand that. I was just saying that a similar concept applied here. He could have said, Ok, she's right here, I'll let her go do what she has to do...but he didn't.

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator on July 25, 2007, 10:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on July 25, 2007, 01:05 AM NHFT
Well shampoo can sting your eyes you know.
Man some people are so ungrateful.

:hello:  If it's all about safety how come they don't let you keep your baby shampoo?   :D

Don't you know that baby shampoo is the most important
ingredient in high explosives.

BABY=Blast
         And
         Bomb
         Yield

SamIam

I came across this while driving around during porcfest:

[attachment deleted by admin]

CNHT

Quote from: SamIam on July 25, 2007, 04:29 PM NHFT
I came across this while driving around during porcfest:

Yep and we have another one that is LESGOV too.

KBCraig

toowm

Kat Kanning

RIGHT TO TRAVEL VS THE POLICE STATES OF AMERICA
By Jack Blood

I often wish that I was born 100 yrs earlier. In fact I have had the nagging feeling that I was birthed into the wrong time channel most of my life. Back in 1999 a disciple of Edgar Cayce wrote a book about reincarnation, in which she contemplates if I was a 19th century French Poet. Possibly Charles Baudelaire. I never took much stock in it and never had the proof I needed to be sold on reincarnation. I shrugged it off. Still I couldn't feel more out of place in the Brave New World of 2007.

Today I tried to catch a flight from Austin TX to Atlanta GA and was denied by a chubby Chinese Delta airlines supervisor (I will call him Harry Fong) because I didnt have a "Government issued ID" . I have flown many times in the past without ID, but never on Delta who for whatever reason have a non negotiable policy on flying without ID. Fong seemed a bit too happy about the outcome, and his eyes lit up a little to much when saying "Government Issued ID."

I assume that since having an ID is a matter of choice and it is technically unconstitutional to force someone to have one, that Delta caved to federal pressure to enforce the rule or policy. Delta has been in bankruptcy for years and counts on Federal subsidiaries (welfare) to stay in business. Years ago I heard that the Rockefeller family owned 60+ % of all airlines. They are the railroads of the modern era. A basic search for stockholders yielded nothing.

There is a legal precedent for this of course in Gilmore v. Ashcroft -- FAA ID Challenge

This case evolved into Gilmore v. Gonzalez with a "No decision" being the outcome. Gilmore contended that there is no law, or rather there is a "secret" law requiring ID to fly on commercial airlines, and that this non law or secret law violated his 4th amendment right to privacy. Because of profiling and data basing I might have argued that this non law violated his 5th amendment right to self incrimination as well.

Here is a section of the suit:

"...in regards to the right to travel issue which
    counsel argues they should not be liable for, again, this goes
    right back to the secret law issue, as to whether or not they
    have the right to demand id or not. we do not know what that
    law is because it's not been published. the government has
    stated, as we mentioned in our addendum that the airlines are
    not mandated to demand, merely request it."

So it seems that the Non Decision due to jurisdiction is an admission that there is indeed NO LAW requiring us to show ID. So it is a matter of 'policy' constitutional or otherwise for the airlines to 'require' ID. I have learned this because I have successfully traveled on other airlines without ID, as I have successfully navigated TSA without ID, although I did get a virtual anal probe by gleeful TSA agents.

This of course all due to 911.

The fact is, this requirement does NOTHING to stop terrorism! Terrorists are perfectly capable of obtaining fake IDs and would have no problem getting on a plane if they so desired. "Four of the hijackers ... had valid Virginia driver's licenses. . . . They were not American citizens. They didn't even live in Virginia.

Fifteen of the 9/11 hijackers obtained their visas in Saudi Arabia. Michael Springman, the former head of the American visa bureau in Jeddah, has stated that since 1987 the CIA had been illicitly issuing visas to unqualified applicants from the Middle East and bringing them to the US for training in terrorism for the Afghan war in collaboration with Bin Laden (BBC, November 6 2001). It seems this operation continued after the Afghan war for other purposes. It is also reported that five of the hijackers received training at secure US military installations in the 1990s (Newsweek, September 15 2001).

Michael Springman, former head of American Visa Bureau in Jeddah:

In Saudi Arabia I was repeatedly ordered by high level State Department officials to issue visas to unqualified applicants. Theses were essentially people with no ties either to Saudi Arabia or to their home country. I complained bitterly at the time there, I returned to the US, I complained to the State Department here, to the General Accounting Office, to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and to the Inspector Generals Office. I was met with silence.

So what really is behind all of this? CONDITIONING!

The Federal Government wants to identify all Americans at all times. They want to make it such a hassle to move about and conduct business that we will give up and comply to their every wish. Hence the Real ID Act 2008. Hence the use of social security (control) numbers integrated into everything we do now. Hence massive personal data basing which is particularly rabid on travelers. Hence the Registered Travel Program or CAPPS 2. Hence lie detector kiosks at our airports Why are you REALLY traveling today? Do you belong to any terrorists groups? Do you love the constitution? Hence TSA to Screen for Terrorists by Reading Palms. Hence, Jack Kerouac turns in his grave.

Do Illegal Aliens need to show ID to travel by air? That I cannot tell you but my bet is that they either have a Matricula card from their home embassy, or they drive.

I fear that too many of us will give in and those of us who hold out will undergo a zealous raking as the heat continues to be elevated.

It's a beautiful day in Texas, and right about now I should be landing in Atlanta preparing to host a conference with Dr Bob Bowman. I will not be doing that now.

I would like to stage a call to action and will you the reader to protest by Boycotting Delta Air, and any other airline that requires ID. I would like to tell you that if enough of you would stand with me, and get others to stand with you, that we could put an end to this illegal practice before we are all chipped and tracked like dogs. But I know that most of you will not be inconvenienced, nor will you take the required steps to preserve privacy and freedom. Harsh words I know but I have become a realist.

Therefore I will erase my line in the sand. A line I have sacrificed for these past 8 years being battered like a keg cork on Oktoberfest. I give in. I will be getting my ID and will join the cattle careening across the wide open in stuffed aluminum tubes. I will because I cannot live like this anymore, alone, Mr. Gilmore and I.

This is of course a sign of our times, as we know. "everything changed after 911" and this is the price I must pay for not being a 19th century French Poet. My Bad.

Facts about DELTA relevant to my rant:

Delta was one of the airlines targeted in the failed Operation Bojinka plot: the conspirators planned to bomb a Delta MD-11 flying from Seoul to Bangkok via Taipei on January 21, 1995.

Delta is seeking approval for a daily flight from Atlanta to Shanghai starting March 25, 2008

On September 14, 2005, Delta filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the first time in its 76-year history. The company cited high labor costs and record-breaking jet fuel prices as factors in its filing. At the time of the filing, Delta had $20.5 billion in debt, $10 billion of which accumulated since January 2001.

Delta and its financial advisor, the Blackstone Group, (The Blackstone Group has deep ties to the Carlyle Group. Deltas previous financial advisor was now defunct Arthur Anderson (Enron)

Prisoners of our passports

ID Card: Password to the Police State
http://www.911blogger.com/node/10502

penguins4me

QuoteTherefore I will erase my line in the sand. A line I have sacrificed for these past 8 years being battered like a keg cork on Oktoberfest. I give in. I will be getting my ID and will join the cattle careening across the wide open in stuffed aluminum tubes. I will because I cannot live like this anymore, alone, Mr. Gilmore and I.

Who the hell is Jack Blood, why does he think he is on the same level as John Gilmore, and why should I give a crap what Jack Blood thinks?

Russell Kanning

http://trackingtransience.net/

one guys way of letting the FBI always know where he is at :)

Hiding in Plain Sight

Once an FBI suspect, Hasan Elahi now does the FBI a favor by monitoring himself every minute of the day.
By KEVIN SITES, SUN JAN 13, 8:23 PM PST

What would you do if you were suspected of a crime that could send you to jail cell in Guantanamo Bay for untold years?

When it happened to Hasan Elahi, he decided to put his life online, for all to see.

Hasan Elahi uses the Web to make his every move public.

The 35-year-old Rutgers University art professor was born in Bangladesh but raised in America. He was flying back home to the U.S. in 2002 when he was stopped at immigration and led to a detention facility in the Detroit Airport.

Elahi was asked about a storage unit he had once rented in Florida. The FBI had gotten a tip that it had been packed with explosives, and that an Arab man had fled from the area the day after the 9/11 attacks.

The tip ended up being false ("Never mind that I'm not an Arab," Elahi notes), but it took him nine lie-detector tests and six months to clear his name. When the FBI finally told him he was no longer a suspect, he requested a letter from them saying exactly that.

But, he says, the FBI refused: Because he was never officially charged, there was also nothing to officially clear. Instead, the agency gave him a phone number and told him to call if he had any more troubles coming in and out of the country.

Shaken by the experience, Elahi started calling the FBI preemptively, telling them of his travel plans, where he would be going and when he would be flying home. But as time went on, Elahi considered how absurd the process was — and upped the ante. He started sending the FBI email and even uploading time-stamped photos of his movements.

He eventually created a website, trackingtransience.net, in which those photos were automatically posted to a map, creating a visual tracking device of where he was at any time.

Elahi saw the act as protection, protest and art, flooding the web with so much information — photographs of every meal, every airport, and even public urinals that he used — that the very density of it all, while public and available for everyone to see, created a new sense of anonymity. He was hiding in plain sight. And while the photographs give away his location, they never include himself — only his point of view.

A frequent traveler, Elahi even documents every airplane meal he eats. Photo: Hasan Elahi

"You know exactly where I am, but yet, you don't really know where I am," he says, enigmatically. "So it kind of plays with this real beauty of telling you everything and yet telling you nothing."

Years after the detention that prompted his project, Elahi says he will probably continue it indefinitely. He says it has become as natural as breathing for him.

But it doesn't always appeal to those close to him.

"I've had friends who say, "Hey, don't show up at my house." And I have to respect that," Elahi says. "I have to respect their right to privacy. But in general, the people around me, it's become pretty invisible."

Much of the email Elahi gets from the public is supportive, although some worry that he'll give more ideas to "Big Brother."

The point of his project is clear, he says: There is no such thing as privacy in the electronic age.

"I mean, every little thing we're doing is being monitored. Everything that we do is tracked," he says.

Attempts by Yahoo! News to obtain FBI comment were unsuccessful. But with an estimated half a million people on the FBI's terrorist watch list, Elahi says he still has fears about America's post 9/11 posture and hopes his project may highlight the dangers of sacrificing liberty for security.

The body of work he has created has already found a life outside the Web, with 30,000 of his photographs to be featured this month in a video installation at the Sundance Film Festival.

David

I like his approach.  Everything out in the open. 
When the gov't spies on everyone, it is virtually impossible to hide.  The only practical alternative is to flood them with info. 
In the soviet union, with spies everywhere, same with police, and a culture that was indoctrinated to snitch on any non communistic behavior, it was impossible to hide.  Yet needs still had to be met, so vender's and buyers found ways to exchange.  And open monkey wrenching type defiance became a common thing.  (Happens in schools too.  Schools are the purist form of totalitarianism today). 

Russell Kanning

I got a new invoice CV2005MHT0628 today from the US DHS/Coast Guard/TSA dated 2/18/08 from the original invoice dated 1/17/06 .... it has interest and penalties now that make the total bill $3204.59

If I don't pay my "bill" it will be forwarded to the US Treasury Department  :hopmad:

This is the original civil penalty they decided on :hammer: for bothering the TSA.

They also are offering to accept the original $2500 if I pay in the next 30 days ... this is a one time offer only  :crazy3:

I hadn't heard from them for a year or so .... I guess they are hoping

Caleb

Tell `em to "Show Me the Law!"  ;D

Lloyd Danforth