• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Public Opinion seems to be against the Browns.

Started by mackler, July 30, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

peacenic

I kinda have to agree with one of the comments that said that if they aren't going to pay taxes, then shouldn't use the  emergency services.  I also don't see the point of flooding the state with calls.  What are they going to do to help the Browns and their supporters?  Nothing.  All it can do is generate bad press, like this story.  Just an opinion.

error

Nobody was calling the police expecting to get emergency service. That's absurd. They would, of course, be the last people you would call if the police were shooting at you.

KBCraig

Quote from: peacenic on July 31, 2007, 01:14 AM NHFT
I kinda have to agree with one of the comments that said that if they aren't going to pay taxes, then shouldn't use the  emergency services.  I also don't see the point of flooding the state with calls.

"They" (meaning the Browns) weren't calling 911. When Brown supporters posted word of shots being fired, other supporters started calling on their own. As I understand it, they weren't calling for help; they were calling to see if the local PD was aware of or involved in any LE operations.

This wasn't an attempt to flood the 911 system in a DoS attack. The system being flooded was just an unforeseen consequence.

Kevin

error

I should also note that the numbers given were listed non-emergency lines. If the 911 system was impacted, it indicates extremely poor system design and extreme stupidity on the part of law enforcement.

Kat Kanning

Only people in Plainfield could dial 911 and get the Plainfield 911 system.  I don't think many (if any) of the callers were in plainfield.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: peacenic on July 31, 2007, 01:14 AM NHFT
I kinda have to agree with one of the comments that said that if they aren't going to pay taxes, then shouldn't use the  emergency services.  I also don't see the point of flooding the state with calls.  What are they going to do to help the Browns and their supporters?
I don't think the Brown's called the police that day ... or asked anyone to. The radio show guys did that.

Russell Kanning

Ed and Elaine will always get bad press. The press is part of the system that Ed is attacking.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: KBCraig on July 31, 2007, 02:10 AM NHFT
"They" (meaning the Browns) weren't calling 911. When Brown supporters posted word of shots being fired, other supporters started calling on their own. As I understand it, they weren't calling for help; they were calling to see if the local PD was aware of or involved in any LE operations.

The followers were calling for the police to go save Ed and Elaine from feds.

Here's how it was characterized by Casey Lee Cobb, the kid who runs showedthelaw.com.

QuoteCaller after caller, calling into the "The Wolf at Your Door" radio show, hosted by Torin Wolf; gave testimony after testimony of police dispatchers stonewalling with respects to the reported gunfire on the Browns property. It is in this author's opinion that the police department stood down deliberately, stone walled callers deliberately, and hung up on many concerned callers whom were simply trying to save the life of Ed and Elaine Brown.

And here's what Danny Riley, who is at the house and has become Ed's spokesman since Anthony left, and Reno was kicked out, published on the MySpace page that night:

Quote1: Sullivan County, NH (Plainfield is located here) Sheriff Michael
Prozzo -- 603-863-4200
Please call the sheriff's office and urge him to act under
his authority as the supreme law enforcement official in Sullivan
County. He is the only elected law enforcement "official" and has
the authority to tell the feds to back off. But so far he hasn't
done anything but hide from this whole matter. Urge him to do
something RIGHT NOW!!!

The people who were calling the police and sheriff were demanding that that local law enforcement move in to protect the Browns.

LordBaltimore

And just wait until the press gets wind of Ed's new call for all the followers to commit petty vandalism.

kola

QuoteThe people who were calling the police and sheriff were demanding that that local law enforcement move in to protect the Browns.

and you know this HOW? Did you request a copy of all the reports that were called in that night?

That is NOT the reason I called the sheriffs office and the Plainsfield copshop.

Kola

LordBaltimore

It's posted all over the Brown blog and Myspace pages, Kola, and I copied the Danny Riley broadcast in my post above.  A couple of the blog moderators are even talking about suing the Plainfield police for not protecting the Browns from the feds.  ::)

J’raxis 270145

There are a few supportive comments attached to the article, but it's far too overwhelmingly negative. Why isn't everyone here barraging the newspaper with supportive comments?