• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Predator and Prey

Started by David, July 30, 2007, 10:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

This is a short story I came up with when thinking of speed traps ect. 

Predator and Prey

The predator watches from a hidden place.  Watching its prey.  Looking for one, the one out of place.  The one that will fulfill its needs.    Suddenly it sees one.  It races towards the victim.  The victim is in shock, it knows it cannot outrun the predator, but it fears for what may happen if it stops.  The victim is in awe by the power that the predator has, because with a simple bark, the predator can call a horde of other aggressive predators.  Fearing the worse, the prey, stops.  The predator approaches its prey closely, ever cautiously, because even a cornered mouse will sometimes fight in desperation.  The predator stares its victim in the eye.  The victim stares back, with fear and uncertainty.  The predator realizes it is in no danger and in total control, then says "may I see your license and registration please?" 

Kat Kanning

Puke

firecracker joe

that was a great story thank you for sharing, I just got a ticket for non inspection i forgot trucks have to be inspected  twice a year. I wont forget that again plus he informed me that because the inspection sticker on truck was taped on it was a misdemeanor and he could of arrested me. I guess i was lucky he didnt but he shouldnt of even given me a ticket due to the fact im a local and i pay his salary.HE said if the inspection # didnt come up to the truck that id be in BIG TROUBLE  threats and itimmedation is what they thrive on.

Henry

Quote from: jose on August 04, 2007, 07:02 AM NHFT
that was a great story thank you for sharing, I just got a ticket for non inspection i forgot trucks have to be inspected  twice a year. I wont forget that again plus he informed me that because the inspection sticker on truck was taped on it was a misdemeanor and he could of arrested me. I guess i was lucky he didnt but he shouldnt of even given me a ticket due to the fact im a local and i pay his salary.HE said if the inspection # didnt come up to the truck that id be in BIG TROUBLE  threats and itimmedation is what they thrive on.

Another thread here said that NH is second to lowest number of cops per population. I just can't believe it. I've never seen so many cops in my life, ever,  since moving here. Maybe it's just where I am? Is Keene or other parts like this?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Henry on August 10, 2007, 10:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: jose on August 04, 2007, 07:02 AM NHFT

Another thread here said that NH is second to lowest number of cops per population. I just can't believe it. I've never seen so many cops in my life, ever,  since moving here. Maybe it's just where I am? Is Keene or other parts like this?

I see quite a few of them driving around in Manchester all the time.

dalebert

We may not have many but I'd guess the ones we have are concentrated in cities like Manchester, Concord, Portsmouth, and Nashua.

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on August 11, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT
We may not have many but I'd guess the ones we have are concentrated in cities like Manchester, Concord, Portsmouth, and Nashua.

Add Keene to that list.

David

If they arrest me I plan to have the following as a printout on me on me. :) 

Predator and Prey

The predator watches from a hidden place.  Watching its prey.  Looking for one, the one out of place.  The one that will fulfill its needs.  Suddenly it sees one.  It races towards the victim.  The victim is in shock, it knows it cannot outrun the predator, but it fears for what may happen if it stops.  The victim is in awe by the power that the predator has, because with a simple bark, the predator can call a horde of other aggressive predators.  Fearing the worse, the prey, stops.  The predator approaches its prey closely, ever cautiously, because even a cornered mouse will sometimes fight in desperation.  The predator stares its victim in the eye.  The victim stares back, with fear and uncertainty.  The predator realizes it is in no danger and in total control, then says "may I see your license and registration please?"

Below is a definition from Wikipedia's online dictionary with my comments in (parentheses).

Wikipedia - Extortion, outwresting, or exaction is a criminal offense, which occurs when a person either unlawfully (Law is simply a statute created by men with authority, it has frequently has no basis in morality.) obtains money, property or services from another through coercion or intimidation or threatens one with physical or reputational harm unless they are paid money or property. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups.  (Police that commit legal, but immoral violations of another's rights, constitute and organized crime group.)  The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence or a lawsuit which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence or lawsuit is sufficient to commit the offense. The four simple words "pay up or else" are sufficient to constitute the crime of extortion.  (Pay registration to the government that you work for or else lose right to travel, lose property, be imprisoned like a dog.)  [citation needed] An extortionate threat made to another in jest is still extortion.[citation needed] Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force,[1] additionally, exact in its formal definition means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or to make somebody endure something unpleasant.[2]

Proud member of NHFree.com.
Your friendly non-violent resister. 

buzzard

Quote from: Henry on August 10, 2007, 10:27 PM NHFT

It was the same in other states, like Wyoming, the Dakotas . . . states that don't have high crime rates. It leaves the cops little else to do but gain their quotas on the freeways.

elf

That does it.  I'm getting a horse.   The gangs with a badge will have to pursue me on my own terms, then. 
What are they going to ride - a lion? 

RangerProbst

Quote from: elf on November 26, 2007, 11:19 PM NHFT
That does it.  I'm getting a horse.   The gangs with a badge will have to pursue me on my own terms, then. 
What are they going to ride - a lion? 

Good idea. I'm getting horses.

Kat Kanning

John Edward Mercier

Local police are funded through property taxes, registration, and fines/confiscations.
State police are registrations, State gas tax, and fines/confiscations.
So we're seeing a lot of pressure on the third funding source.

Recumbent ReCycler

I used to enjoy driving, but all of the dumb rules and aggressive enforcers have put a damper on it.  Now I pedal my recumbent trike and ride the bus more than I drive.