• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester Paper in the Works... can you help?

Started by RattyDog, August 01, 2007, 10:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 17, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT
Pretty slick... are you guys really going to have enough content to fill 16 pages every other week?

I think we're looking at monthly, not bi-weekly.

Braddogg

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 17, 2007, 09:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 17, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT
Pretty slick... are you guys really going to have enough content to fill 16 pages every other week?

I think we're looking at monthly, not bi-weekly.

I thought we were hoping to go to weekly  ;D  We may cut back to 12 pages if we can't find the content at the beginning.

mackler

Quote from: Braddogg on August 17, 2007, 02:29 AM NHFT
I've made a mock-up of a layout for the MFP (direct download to the PDF here

The Onion, eat your heart out.

Quantrill

Braddog, I totally dig the layout.   Are we really gonna have crossword puzzles?  I think that's a great idea.  I like crosswords...

Braddogg

Thanks, guys!  Yeah, we're going to have a crossword puzzle; there are places that give them out for free, so it'd be stupid not to have one.

dEadERest

I know it's prolly too late to suggest a name but I have to just the same.

Being from the SF bay area, when I moved here in '97 I was kinda surprised at how many businesses embraced the "Queen City" name. So I would suggest:

Queen City Crier

Historical tinge, sense of urgency . . whatever, just had to throw it out there.

Braddogg

Quote from: dEadERest on August 22, 2007, 12:51 PM NHFT
I know it's prolly too late to suggest a name but I have to just the same.

Being from the SF bay area, when I moved here in '97 I was kinda surprised at how many businesses embraced the "Queen City" name. So I would suggest:

Queen City Crier

Historical tinge, sense of urgency . . whatever, just had to throw it out there.

This is Manchester, not Provincetown.  ;D  But seriously, it's a good suggestion.  I really like the Manchester Free Press, though, and it's getting to the point where it's too late for a name change anyway.

dEadERest

heh . . yeah, like I said, just had to throw it out there.

On a visit to P-town I saw John Waters sitting on a bench chillin'. A unique place to be sure.

MatthewDP

When you guys get this thing up and going, you should post PDF's of the paper for those of us not yet in the free state

Braddogg

That's the plan, Matthew :)  We'll have a fully-functional website, with PDFs, individual stories, and a number of other goodies!

dalebert

Quote from: Braddogg on August 22, 2007, 11:12 AM NHFT
Thanks, guys!  Yeah, we're going to have a crossword puzzle; there are places that give them out for free, so it'd be stupid not to have one.

It might be too much work depending on whether someone likes them enough to volunteer, but altering a CW to be more libertarian-themed would be cool, or to even have it tied to recent events in the paper itself, so you're actually encouraged to read the paper. Yeah, it's probably too much work.  :blush:

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: MatthewDP on August 22, 2007, 09:30 PM NHFT
When you guys get this thing up and going, you should post PDF's of the paper for those of us not yet in the free state

We'll have both the individual articles on the website, as normal HTML pages, and PDFs of the paper version, too.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on August 23, 2007, 07:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on August 22, 2007, 11:12 AM NHFT

It might be too much work depending on whether someone likes them enough to volunteer, but altering a CW to be more libertarian-themed would be cool, or to even have it tied to recent events in the paper itself, so you're actually encouraged to read the paper. Yeah, it's probably too much work.  :blush:

There's plenty of software out there to generate crossword puzzles.

MatthewDP

There are also services that create crosswords for newspaper. As I recall, they're rather inexpensive.

Quantrill

Quote from: MatthewDP on August 23, 2007, 03:32 PM NHFT
There are also services that create crosswords for newspaper. As I recall, they're rather inexpensive.

I'll see what I can do about creating a liberty-oriented crossword...