• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester Paper in the Works... can you help?

Started by RattyDog, August 01, 2007, 10:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: RattyDog on August 23, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
Jeremy...email me about crossword-creating software when you get a chance. Thank you.

I just found all sorts of things online by Googling for "crossword generator"; I don't know of any software specifically, what's good or bad, and so on. I remember having a crossword-generating program on my Apple ][e in the 1990s, so there's definitely plenty out there. ;D

picaro

If there is a shortage of content -- what about getting approval to print opinion pieces from Radley Balko, Jesse Walker, and other libertarian bloggers?  They're not local, but they're effective at seeding libertarian ideas into mainstream opinion.

I suggested this to J'raxis -- having missed this thread. :P

Also, I'd like to help in any capacity that is needed. 

Kat Kanning

99.9% of the people online I've asked if I can reprint their articles have said yes.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: picaro on August 23, 2007, 07:03 PM NHFT
If there is a shortage of content -- what about getting approval to print opinion pieces from Radley Balko, Jesse Walker, and other libertarian bloggers?  They're not local, but they're effective at seeding libertarian ideas into mainstream opinion.

I suggested this to J'raxis -- having missed this thread. :P

Also, I'd like to help in any capacity that is needed. 

I think it's a great idea, if we're short on local content. It might even be good to have a "nation" and "world" section like many major newspapers have. I just PMed you contact info for Natalie, our editor-in-chief, so you can work with her directly.

KBCraig

Every time I read this thread, I have this image pop into mind, of "Manchester Free Press" being abbreviated to "MFP". Or even "MF Press". And then I chuckle at the thought of bureaucrats cursing: "Here comes another one of those M-F(ing) Press reporters again!"

Maybe it's funnier inside my head.

Braddogg

Quote from: KBCraig on August 25, 2007, 02:06 AM NHFT
Every time I read this thread, I have this image pop into mind, of "Manchester Free Press" being abbreviated to "MFP". Or even "MF Press". And then I chuckle at the thought of bureaucrats cursing: "Here comes another one of those M-F(ing) Press reporters again!"

LOL!  That's hilarious, and might not be too far off from what eventually happens!

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: KBCraig on August 25, 2007, 02:06 AM NHFT

Maybe it's funnier inside my head.

:biglaugh:   We can alway count on you KB for important insight like this  ;D 

J’raxis 270145

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 24, 2007, 03:25 PM NHFT
99.9% of the people online I've asked if I can reprint their articles have said yes.

That .1 of a person is really pissed

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 19, 2007, 05:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 24, 2007, 03:25 PM NHFT

That .1 of a person is really pissed
no ... they go unreprinted

Friday

I don't know what the status of the Manchester paper is, or if its discussion has moved elsewhere, but if any of the people involved are interested in placing an ad in the program for Liberty Forum, please let me know.  :)

(I am assuming the Keene Free Press isn't interested; if I am off-base on that, let me know.)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on December 06, 2007, 08:35 PM NHFT
I don't know what the status of the Manchester paper is, or if its discussion has moved elsewhere, but if any of the people involved are interested in placing an ad in the program for Liberty Forum, please let me know.  :)

(I am assuming the Keene Free Press isn't interested; if I am off-base on that, let me know.)

Natalie's handling ads. Not sure how often she reads this forum anymore, so try emailing her at nmitchell @ manchfreepress • com.

elf

Do you want the services of a photographer?   I am documenting my journey north on film.   Still shots, not video.  I'd be happy to contribute the story, the shots, and then whatever I can shoot once I'm there. 

d_goddard

Quote from: elf on December 07, 2007, 07:44 AM NHFT
I am documenting my journey north on film.
If you're travelling as part of the FSP, it would be *awesome* to get that story on the FSP website. Send an email to fsp-doers@yahoogroups.com and let them know!

elf

Quote from: d_goddard on December 07, 2007, 10:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: elf on December 07, 2007, 07:44 AM NHFT
I am documenting my journey north on film.
If you're travelling as part of the FSP, it would be *awesome* to get that story on the FSP website. Send an email to fsp-doers@yahoogroups.com and let them know!

Yup, I'm signed up, getting rid of everything that won't fit in a beat up little S-10.   Thanks for the email link!