• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Panera Problems

Started by srqrebel, August 01, 2007, 01:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

srqrebel

I have been a regular customer at Panera for over a month now, primarily because of the free internet service.  Yesterday as I was leaving Panera to go to work, I found a note on my pickup windshield that stated, "If this truck is here again, it will be towed", followed by M. Kiritsy, Kiritsy LLC and a local phone number.

I took the note in to Panera immediately, and showed it to a manager.  He told me that the name on the note was that of the owner of the property that Panera leases.

I went back outside, and called the number on the note.  After confirming that the person who answered was Mr. Kiritsy, I said that I found a note on my truck at Panera stating that it would be towed if it was here again.  He confirmed it.  I calmly asked him why that was. His response was, "Because I said so. I am the owner of the property.  What part of that don't you understand?"  I responded that I understood that, I just wanted to know if I violated a rule or something.  He said, "No, I just don't want your truck on my property."  He then mumbled something about parking on the grass (which I always did, because I pull a small trailer and don't want to take up several parking spaces).  I asked him if that is the problem, and if so, is it OK if I park in the parking lot without the trailer.  He started to raise his voice at that point, and said that my truck is permanently banned from being anywhere on his property, and if it is there again, the truck will be towed and I will be arrested for trespassing.  Still speaking calmly, I informed him that I was a regular customer at Panera.  He said, "I don't give a f___ who you are.  You are not allowed on my property."  After that I kind of lost my cool, and the conversation was soon over.

This morning, after finding a parking spot (by permission) on another property, I went to Panera to let the management know about the rude and irrational treatment by their landlord, and find out if their lease includes the parking lot.  As soon as I started talking about it to the GM, she interrupted me by saying, "If this is about the letter you showed us yesterday, that is between you and the landlord.  Panera has nothing to do with that."  She did confirm that Panera did not lease the parking lot, only the building.  She seemed too preoccupied to deal with me at the moment, so I left without mentioning the exchange between me and the landlord.

The landlord gave me no indication why I was being singled out for this treatment (except for the off-handed remark about "parking on the grass", which is really just rocks and weeds).  I could speculate that it has to do with the 4x8 Ron Paul sign on the back of the trailer, but he never mentioned the trailer, only the truck.  Perhaps he was offended by the three bumperstickers on my truck (Free Talk Live, Ron Paul, and one that says, "The Constitution didn't change on Sept 11").

At any rate, I somehow don't feel like patronizing that place anymore.

FTL_Ian

I called this guy as a reporter for the Keene Free Press.

He says you called and swore at him multiple times and didn't offer to fix his grass.  I told him that it didn't seem like something you would do and asked if there is anything that could be done to iron the situation out.

He said that he let you park there for three weeks, and that is longer than anyone else would allow your vehicle to be parked there.  He said that he does not want your truck or your trailer on his property.  He also said you ruined it for anyone else who might want to post a Ron Paul sign on his property.

Soundwave

Quote from: srqrebel on August 01, 2007, 01:48 PM NHFT
Interesting timing -- I was about to post an announcement that I will be boycotting Panera Bread in Keene, as well as all the other businesses on that property.

I have been a regular customer at Panera for over a month now, primarily because of the free internet service.  Yesterday as I was leaving Panera to go to work, I found a note on my pickup windshield that stated, "If this truck is parked here again, it will be towed", followed by M. Kiritsy, Kiritsy LLC and local phone number.

I took the note in to Panera immediately, and showed it to a manager.  He told me that the name on the note was that of the owner of the property that Panera leases.

I went back outside, and called the number on the note.  After confirming that the person who answered was Mr. Kiritsy, I said that I found a note on my truck at Panera stating that it would be towed if it was here again.  He confirmed it.  I calmly asked him why that was. His response was, "Because I said so. I am the owner of the property.  What part of that don't you understand?"  I responded that I understood that, I just wanted to know if I violated a rule or something.  He said, "No, I just don't want your truck on my property."  He then mumbled something about parking on the grass (which I always did, because I pull a small trailer and don't want to take up several parking spaces).  I asked him if that is the problem, and if so, is it OK if I park in the parking lot without the trailer.  He started to raise his voice at that point, and said that my truck is permanently banned from being anywhere on his property, and if it is there again, the truck will be towed and I will be arrested for trespassing.  Still speaking calmly, I informed him that I was a regular customer at Panera.  He said, "I don't give a f___ who you are.  You are not allowed on my property."  After that I kind of lost my cool, and the conversation was soon over.

This morning, after finding a parking spot (by permission) on another property, I went to Panera to let the management know about the rude and irrational treatment by their landlord, and find out if their lease includes the parking lot.  As soon as I started talking about it, she interrupted me by saying, "If this is about the letter you showed us yesterday, that is between you and the landlord.  Panera has nothing to do with that."  She did confirm that Panera did not lease the parking lot, only the building.  She seemed too preoccupied to deal with me at the moment, so I left without mentioning the exchange between me and the landlord.

The landlord gave me no indication why I was being singled out for this treatment (except for the off-handed remark about "parking on the grass", which is really just rocks and weeds).  I could speculate that it has to do with the 4x8 Ron Paul sign on the back of the trailer, but he never mentioned the trailer, only the truck.  Perhaps he was offended by the three bumperstickers on my truck (Free Talk Live, Ron Paul, and one that says, "The Constitution didn't change on Sept 11").

At any rate, I somehow don't feel like patronizing that place anymore.

That really has nothing to do with Panera itself.

Kat Kanning

Did you call and swear at the guy?

Russell Kanning

Sounds like the Panera Bread people were very reasonable.
That landowner guy doesn't seem very nice.

I will still be going to Panera Bread. :)

error

Not much that the Panera Bread people can do about an irrational property owner, except perhaps to move. And if my business were on that property, that's what I would be doing tomorrow morning.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: error on August 01, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT
Not much that the Panera Bread people can do about an irrational property owner, except perhaps to move. And if my business were on that property, that's what I would be doing tomorrow morning.

Spend a hundred thousand dollars to move your business cause the owner doesn't want people to park on the grass  ::)

Jim Johnson

How come the note didn't just say, "Please use the regular parking spaces"? 
Or "I can't see the need for you to park on my grass."
Or "I appreciate the patronage you give to my renters, but I would like you to use the regular parking area."
Or "Is this how your mother taught you to park?"
Here's the one I remember from ARMY Basic Training, "Get your goat stink'n ass off my grass!"

But, "Get off my property and stay off",  indicates a serious problem...like hemorrhoids or lack of pootang  or an opposing political view.

(Why isn't there a smiley for not enough pootang?)

KBCraig

Quote from: Facilitator on August 01, 2007, 09:30 PM NHFT

---> :'(

Or, here's another one that indicates a lack of regular canubiatin': :glasses7:

error

Pat K

Or "I appreciate the patronage you give to my renters, but I would like you to use the regular parking area."
Here's the one I remember from ARMY Basic Training, "Get your goat stink'n ass off my grass!"

But, "Get off my property and stay off",  indicates a serious problem...like hemorrhoids or lack of pootang  or an opposing political view.

We will now call that LOP for short.

Fluff and Stuff

Seriously, you parked on the grass?  That is lame.  Or, more likely, I just don't get it and Keene is a small town and there was no where else to park.  Why not park someone else near-by and walk to it?

penguins4me

... might be that the owner has already posted dozens of "nice" notes on other folks' vehicles, and people still continue to park where he doesn't want them. I'm in somewhat of a similar situation, though I haven't called the tow guys. I am, however, abstaining from using the word 'please' in the future. In my case, folks know that spaces are assigned, and that we can't just park in the next space without pissing off that other guy, etc.

Russell Kanning

If you can darken the door of Panera again rebel .... I bet you could park across the street.

It is amazing how worked up people get over someone parking someplace. It was not like rebel was asked nicely the first time.

BTW ... this is not fancy manicured lawn here .... this is the grass that happens to grow and is where the delivery trucks drive

He must has just gotten tired of the truck and trailer .... and really huge Ron Paul sign.

Lloyd Danforth

I don't know how many or what types of businesses that parking lot serves, but, a business like Panera would have parking spots turn over every 15  minutes or so. The guy could have handled it better, even asking you not to park there because he doesn't want to provide a billboard for Ron Paul.
You could find out where he lives and park it across the street.