• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Habitat for Humanity Building Blitz

Started by Kat Kanning, August 02, 2007, 07:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

http://www.sentinelsource.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=158783&SectionID=31&SubSectionID=37

Beginning August 18th, the Oberst family's dreams will begin to come true as the Habitat for Humanity volunteers and many companies and citizens get together to begin building them a home of their own. Under project manager Tedd Benson of Bensonwood Woodworking in Walpole, the volunteers will take on the daunting task of a "Blitz Build" -- building the house from foundation to finish in one week's time.

The Keene Sentinel, SentinelSource and Cheshire TV will be bringing you multimedia coverage of the events in Alstead, the progress of the build and the stories of the people involved in the project -- family and new friends.

And it's not too late to volunteer!  The organizers accept people with all kinds of skills and abilities. If you have time and energy, there's a job for you. Help is needed in all aspects of the build from administration through food prep and serving to actual construction. So don't worry that you aren't skilled enough to help. Please call the Habitat office at 357-8474 or click on the link below to visit its Website to find a volunteer form and join the fun!

Read other stories published in The Keene Sentinel related to Blitz Build Alstead.

Habitat 'blitz build' to provide a home for family of 10 published June 24, 2007.

Building their dream home
Through Habitat for Humanity, Alstead family gets new digs published June 24, 2007.

Check back for updated information and photos.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm planning on doing this wearing my FSP related Tshirts.  Anyone else thinking about it?

Lloyd Danforth

Lloyd Danforth

Tom Sawyer

I wish I could come help out. Good on you Lloyd... a private solution. +1  8)

Lloyd Danforth

http://www.sentinelsource.com/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=161041

Or it can serve to make a political statement, said Lloyd R. Danforth of Keene, a member of the Free State Project, which aims to bring 20,000 people to New Hampshire to limit the powers of government.

"Part of the Free State organization's philosophy is to replace a lot of what the government does with volunteer help," said Danforth, who works as a general contractor. "So this is what I chose to do."

Lloyd Danforth

Ive been having a real good time at the build.  Really nice bunch of folks. Ted Benson's people, and the builders directing us have been really nice.  All of the work is really first class.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 22, 2007, 05:34 PM NHFT
http://www.sentinelsource.com/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=161041

Or it can serve to make a political statement, said Lloyd R. Danforth of Keene, a member of the Free State Project, which aims to bring 20,000 people to New Hampshire to limit the powers of government.

"Part of the Free State organization's philosophy is to replace a lot of what the government does with volunteer help," said Danforth, who works as a general contractor. "So this is what I chose to do."

8)
Great work double L.  ;D

porcupine kate

Two blondes with hammers, Carol and Donna, were doing some carpenter work on a Habitat for Humanity house.  Carol, who was nailing down house siding, would reach into her nail pouch, pull out a nail, and either toss it over her shoulder or nail it in.  Donna, figuring this was worth looking into, asked, "Why are you throwing those nails away?"  Carol explained, "When I pull a nail out of my pouch, about half of them have the head on the wrong end, and I throw them away."  Donna got completely upset and yelled, "You moron! Those nails aren 't defective!  They're for the other side of the house!"

::)

NHRes2004

Two blonds drove down to the lumber yard. One went in and asked for some 4x2's. The yard employee asked if he meant 2x4's. The blond said "Just a minute," and went out to the truck. He came back and said, "Yep, 2x4's will be OK."

The employee then asked, "How long do you want 'em?"

The blond, a little exasperated, said "Just a minute," and went back out to the truck. He came back and said "We're gonna need 'em a long time. We're building a shed."

David

porcupine kate

Maybe. 

Is the South Carolina Miss teen contestant named Carol or Donna?