• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Arrested activist blackmailed by FBI, Fights back!

Started by John, April 13, 2013, 06:07 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rich-paul/arrested-activist-blackmailed-by-fbi-fights-back/372899792823749

"
My name is Rich Paul.  I am a Liberty activist in New Hampshire.  Last year, on May 31st, I was arrested by the Keene Police department.  I was transported to the police station, where I expected to be booked for some crime.  But I was not booked.  Instead, I was taken to Special Agent Philip Christiana, who attempted to blackmail me.  I was threatened with 81 years in prison, for delivery of marijuana and delivery of a substance purported to be LSD.  I had, indeed, delivered marijuana as alleged, but had not purported anything to be LSD.  The told me I had only one chance to save myself from them ... that was to go on selling marijuana, but at the same time to spy on my friends at the Keene Activist Center, a political association of which I am a member.

I invoked my right to council, but Christiana said that if I did not relent, that the offer would be withdrawn, and that I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and that no plea bargains would be offered to me at any time.  I wanted to hear what he had to say, so I did relent and waived my right to council.  I said that I would not make any kind of deal with him without being represented by council, to protect my interests.  I also told him that we would not be negotiating with him, because he did not have the authority to give me immunity, and because law enforcement officers are permitted to lie to suspects, and that I could not trust him for that reason.  He responded with a lie ... he said that he was not permitted to lie to suspects.  This is patently false.  He went on to assert that if he perjured himself that he would be fired.  This was probably true, but was a half lie ... he could not perjure himself in conversation with me, because he was not under oath.  Perjury is the crime of telling a lie under oath.  I explained this to Christiana, and he reacted as if that information was new to him.  At this point I lost all respect for Special Agent Philip Christiana of the FBI.

Christiana spoke with me about what he intended for me to do.  He wanted me to return to the KAC wearing a hidden transmitter, and to lie about the reason for my arrest, and to determine how people reacted, and who questioned my story.  This was clearly not the actual intent of the whole operation.  He repeatedly told me "You are going to have to do things that you don't want to do".  I asked him "Like what?".  He said that some of my friends would be selected, and I would be expected to lure them into felonious drug transactions with me, in order that they could be blackmailed in the same way.  I told him that if I knew anybody who was making a bomb or planning violence that I would have come to him, rather than waiting for him to come to me.  He did not seem to care.  He veered from solicitous to aggressive, at one point suggesting that "nobody had to go to prison", but at another saying that "somebody was going to go to prison, it was all about who".  I answered that it was not about that, it was about right and wrong.

At this point, Christiana started to question me.  When he asked the first question, my address, I again invoked my right to council.  Christiana repeated that if I invoked my right to council, that I would be going to jail for a long time.  I said "OK, we'll do that, then".  At this point Christiana appeared to end the interview ... he had a KPD officer process me to be sent over to the jail.  I was fingerprinted and my personal information demanded.  Then I was placed in a cell for a short time.  Then I was removed, and returned to the interrogation room where I had spoken with Christiana previously.  At this point, to my astonishment, he told me that I was going to be released on my own recognizance, and that I could contact a lawyer, but that I was only to ask this lawyer whether an FBI had the power to give immunity.  I made non-committal noises that might have sounded like agreement, but I had no intention of limiting my conversation with my attorney when I had obtained one, or to accept legal advice from law enforcement, especially from an agent who had already attempted to mislead me repeatedly.  I insisted in getting a business card from Christiana, and he finally agreed, but crossed out the "ip" in his first name and his entire last name, his email address, and other identifying information.  I could not believe how amateurish this appeared.  I thanked Christiana for leaving his water board at home, and he ushered me out the front door of the police station and told me to start walking, not even waiting for my ride to arrive.  I half expected to be shot in the back as I walked away.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached Marlboro Street.

I was delighted when, a few hundred yards later, my lady's car rolled into view, and she returned me to the Club.

To be continued ...

Coming up:  How the blackmailer was exposed, why Rich posted a confession on YouTube, and why he still expects to win the case..."

"...The 420 Foundation -- Please like!  :
http://facebook.com/420Foundation

The event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/633165166700915/?fref=ts

The original 4:20 Rally, in all it's glory:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD985676CFDAC3750

Articles:  keep these coming
http://pileusblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/fbi-trying-to-infiltrate-keene-new-hampshire/
http://www.thedailychronic.net/2013/16038/defiance-of-prohibition-comes-to-a-head-in-new-hampshire-trial/
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/135408.html

My testimony before the NH State House:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE8MnRN4zAw
"

John

My post to facebug:
"
While growing up, we were told that, "Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God." - Right?
Well I support - and I thank - Mr. Paul, 100%, as he resists the tyranny he (and all of society) is being subjected to.
It takes ONLY ONE JUROR to stop this railroad train. Unfortunately, the full wait of the entire tyrannical system will be put on Mr. Paul at the Cheshire County Railroad Station (ie. courthouse) where there is no real Justice intended (only railroading) by the gov-thugs, and they control EVERYTHING there.
The man in the robe - the railroad conductor - will likely tamper with the Jury by limiting Mr. Paul's defense.

Rich Paul - I don't normaly ask God for much, but I've been praying - a lot - for you (one individual) as you walk into the belly of this evil beast. Peace brother! "

John

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: John on April 13, 2013, 06:07 AM NHFT
https://www.facebook.com/notes/rich-paul/arrested-activist-blackmailed-by-fbi-fights-back/372899792823749

"
My name is Rich Paul.  I am a Liberty activist in New Hampshire.  Last year, on May 31st, I was arrested by the Keene Police department.  I was transported to the police station, where I expected to be booked for some crime.  But I was not booked.  Instead, I was taken to Special Agent Philip Christiana, who attempted to blackmail me.  I was threatened with 81 years in prison, for delivery of marijuana and delivery of a substance purported to be LSD.  I had, indeed, delivered marijuana as alleged, but had not purported anything to be LSD.  The told me I had only one chance to save myself from them ... that was to go on selling marijuana, but at the same time to spy on my friends at the Keene Activist Center, a political association of which I am a member.

I invoked my right to council, but Christiana said that if I did not relent, that the offer would be withdrawn, and that I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and that no plea bargains would be offered to me at any time.  I wanted to hear what he had to say, so I did relent and waived my right to council.

Small point here, but relent isn't the term or concept Mr. Paul should be using.  The agent might like Mr. Paul to refrain from invoking his right to counsel, or withdraw his demand for immediate counsel, but those terms are not drop-in replacements for the term relent, so that sentence might be worked along the lines of, "Christina said that if counsel was brought in now, before we further discussed his offer...".  On the other hand, Mr. Paul may be referring to Christina's desire that he submit to or accede to his demands.  A few more terms to work with.

QuoteI said that I would not make any kind of deal with him without being represented by council, to protect my interests.  I also told him that we would not be negotiating with him, because he did not have the authority to give me immunity, and because law enforcement officers are permitted to lie to suspects, and that I could not trust him for that reason.  He responded with a lie ... he said that he was not permitted to lie to suspects. This is patently false.  He went on to assert that if he perjured himself that he would be fired.  This was probably true, but was a half lie ... he could not perjure himself in conversation with me, because he was not under oath.  Perjury is the crime of telling a lie under oath.  I explained this to Christiana, and he reacted as if that information was new to him.

This sounds like material for a Monte Python parody of a paradox.  They could use their "argument" sketch as a template. "We're having an argument";  "No we're not"; "Yes we are".  "You're telling a lie"  "No, I'm not"; "Yes, you are".  Maybe they've done it already.

QuoteAt this point I lost all respect for Special Agent Philip Christiana of the FBI.

... but to put that in context, he didn't have much respect for him before that.  Reminds me of the old joke where the girl says, "Will you respect me in the morning?" and the guy says, "I don't respect you now".

QuoteChristiana spoke with me about what he intended for me to do.  He wanted me to return to the KAC wearing a hidden transmitter, and to lie about the reason for my arrest, and to determine how people reacted, and who questioned my story.  This was clearly not the actual intent of the whole operation.  He repeatedly told me "You are going to have to do things that you don't want to do".  I asked him "Like what?".  He said that some of my friends would be selected, and I would be expected to lure them into felonious drug transactions with me, in order that they could be blackmailed in the same way.  I told him that if I knew anybody who was making a bomb or planning violence that I would have come to him, rather than waiting for him to come to me.  He did not seem to care.  He veered from solicitous to aggressive, at one point suggesting that "nobody had to go to prison", but at another saying that "somebody was going to go to prison, it was all about who".  I answered that it was not about that, it was about right and wrong.

Actually, it is about both.

QuoteAt this point, Christiana started to question me.  When he asked the first question, my address, I again invoked my right to council.  Christiana repeated that if I invoked my right to council, that I would be going to jail for a long time.  I said "OK, we'll do that, then".  At this point Christiana appeared to end the interview ... he had a KPD officer process me to be sent over to the jail.  I was fingerprinted and my personal information demanded.  Then I was placed in a cell for a short time.  Then I was removed, and returned to the interrogation room where I had spoken with Christiana previously.  At this point, to my astonishment, he told me that I was going to be released on my own recognizance, and that I could contact a lawyer, but that I was only to ask this lawyer whether an FBI had the power to give immunity.  I made non-committal noises that might have sounded like agreement, but I had no intention of limiting my conversation with my attorney when I had obtained one, or to accept legal advice from law enforcement, especially from an agent who had already attempted to mislead me repeatedly.  I insisted in getting a business card from Christiana, and he finally agreed, but crossed out the "ip" in his first name and his entire last name, his email address, and other identifying information.  I could not believe how amateurish this appeared.  I thanked Christiana for leaving his water board at home, and he ushered me out the front door of the police station and told me to start walking, not even waiting for my ride to arrive.  I half expected to be shot in the back as I walked away.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached Marlboro Street.

I was delighted when, a few hundred yards later, my lady's car rolled into view, and she returned me to the Club.

To be continued ...

Coming up:  How the blackmailer was exposed, why Rich posted a confession on YouTube, and why he still expects to win the case..."

This is an interesting and very credible post.  I would respectfully advise its author to refrain from using the term, blackmail, in describing this incident, but I don't know if he is a member or visitor here such that he might see and consider that advice.  The police were attempting to coerce his cooperation and such coercion MIGHT be construable an attempt to extort his cooperation, but that would be a stretch. 

Kat Kanning

Wow, hooray for Rich.  Rich told Russell the cops were trying to get info about Russell.  What can people do to help?

Silent_Bob

Quote from: John on April 13, 2013, 06:09 AM NHFT
My post to facebug:
"
While growing up, we were told that, "Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God." - Right?
Well I support - and I thank - Mr. Paul, 100%, as he resists the tyranny he (and all of society) is being subjected to.
It takes ONLY ONE JUROR to stop this railroad train. Unfortunately, the full wait of the entire tyrannical system will be put on Mr. Paul at the Cheshire County Railroad Station (ie. courthouse) where there is no real Justice intended (only railroading) by the gov-thugs, and they control EVERYTHING there.
The man in the robe - the railroad conductor - will likely tamper with the Jury by limiting Mr. Paul's defense.

Rich Paul - I don't normaly ask God for much, but I've been praying - a lot - for you (one individual) as you walk into the belly of this evil beast. Peace brother! "

"It takes ONLY ONE JUROR to stop this railroad train"

Good phrase for a sign. ;)

Sam A. Robrin

Here's a song Rich wrote, with a little help from a friend....  If someone wants to record it, feel free!

MEDICAL POT  ("Then I Got High"—Afroman)
COPYRIGHT AG 2011 by Rich Paul and Sam A. Robrin.  Creative Commons, blah, blah, woof, woof.   Go ahead and use it (hey, we lifted the melody), but if you make a little money on it, we want some!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
http://www.medicalmarijuanacure.com/benefits-of-marijuana/

I was gonna starve to death—but then I got high.
I was gonna give up my last breath—but I got high.
   Now I'm gaining weight,
   Because I got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Couldn't concentrate at all from ADD.
Bounced around with hyperac-tivity.
   Now I'm calm and focused, too,
   Because I got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

AIDS would make me spasm, barf a lot, and shake;
Pain had kept me wheelchair-bound and wide awake.
   Steady now, I sleep and eat,
   Because I've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Bronchials would only open on and off.
Mostly, I would gasp and choke and wheeze and cough.
   Now I'm breathing easier.
   Thank God I've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Forgetfulness, confusion, mood swings—our "old-timers"
Deserve a life's reward more fitting than Alzheimer's.
   We can slow the process for them,
   If they've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Cancer patients find that chemotherapy's
Side effects are often worse than the disease.
   Nausea and pain are lessened
   When they've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Symptoms like confusion, seizure, muscle spasm,
And convulsion—every epileptic has 'em.
   They can keep them in control, though,
   If they've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

When glaucoma makes eyes sensitive to light,
Ultimately leading to the loss of sight
   Caused by hypertension—ease it!
   If you've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Hypertension launched my blood pressure sky-high.
"Get it down," the doctors told me, "or you'll die."
   I'm 120 over 80
   Since I got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

I had mental problems no shrink understood
Psychopharmacology had done no good
   My outlook improved immensely
   Once I got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

War on Drugs let the State get too intrusive,
Arrogantly pedagogic, and abusive.
   We can take some freedom back,
   When we've got
      Medical pot...
         Medical pot...
            Medical pot.

Free libertarian

Rich Paul harmed nobody.  Rich Paul says no thanks to the government spies.   The government spies get paid for harming people.  Rich Paul faces 81 years for not helping the spies hurt more people.    :inspect:  Something is a miss here...hmmm.

Free libertarian

A few of us from Grafton went to the trial today and will be heading there again tomorrow.   My hat is off to Rich Paul, this whole thing is just another reminder that the biggest crime is to say no.   It was hard to read the jury, but the FBI guy seemed like he'd turn in his own mother for a merit badge.  Sad.

MaineShark

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 16, 2013, 08:29 PM NHFT...the FBI guy seemed like he'd turn in his own mother for a merit badge.  Sad.

That's actually pretty moral, for an FBI employee - most of them would frame their own mother for a stale sandwich!

jerry

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 16, 2013, 08:29 PM NHFT
A few of us from Grafton went to the trial today and will be heading there again tomorrow.   My hat is off to Rich Paul, this whole thing is just another reminder that the biggest crime is to say no.   It was hard to read the jury, but the FBI guy seemed like he'd turn in his own mother for a merit badge.  Sad.

And FBI policy is to NOT record interviews to make it easier for them to lie in court.

See "Constructing the Truth" at  http://www.forbes.com/sites/harveysilverglate/2011/07/27/constructing-truth-the-fbis-nonrecording-policy/

John

Kat Kanning

I must say Rich Paul is a hero for not giving in to their blackmailing.

From freekeene:
QuoteJudge says that based on his record that state prison is not appropriate. Believes Rich that he will not sell in the future. 12 month sentence imposed in the Keene Spiritual Retreat (jail) plus a suspended prison sentence, plus probation of three years, plus $650 fine.

Russell Kanning

Interesting
BTW the FBI guy visited me at work along time ago and Kat ditched him when he tried to tail us from Keene.
He was one of the fifty nonexistent extra cops at manch airport. :-)