• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Should we launch a "Free Town Project" discussion?

Started by maxxoccupancy, August 28, 2006, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxoccupancy

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 28, 2006, 05:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 28, 2006, 04:55 PM NHFT
Allright, I have to give in on this.  I insist the Free Town be Grafton.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/2004news/06262004/news/23656.htm
QuoteTim Condon, a Free Stater also involved in the Free Town Project, said the group has since changed their name to Grafton For Freedom, to avoid confusion with the Free State Project.

Grafton also has the most busted meth labs in the state..... :P
http://www.nh.gov/nhdoj/publications/nreleases/011706methamphetamine.html

Don't you see?  A town that has already had so many meth labs busted is more likely to be be drug free than a town whose supply of meth labs is still running high.

maxxoccupancy

The point being that the FSP's intent is to concentrate lots of proliberty activists in a small enough area to make a difference.  We'll eventually swing NH, once we get more activists.  For the next few years, we have to figure out how to offer the most bang for the buck with the limited numbers we've got.

--M

citizen_142002

You could vote on a "Free Town" but frankly I don't think anyone would move there who wasn't already looking at it as an option.
There are a lot of different people looking to move to NH, and different locations will work better for each individual. Some people want to live in Manchester, and some want to live in Pittsburg, I say to each his own.
Already Merrimack, Keene, and Manchester are drawing different groups. The more people who move, the more cities and town will become activism centers.

maxxoccupancy

For example:

For people looking at the Keene area, we could recommend Swanzey (or whatever).

For people looking into Merrimack Valley, we might recommend Goffstown.

For folks interested in the Seacoast, Dover might be mentioned more than once.

Those looking at the northern part of the state could consider Grafton or Lancaster, etc.

You wouldn't have to move to one of those towns, but there would already be a strong network put together in those areas.  We could identify a few small towns, and have greater impact in those few areas.  Get fed up with one?  There are others to consider.  Cold weather your biggest concern?  Seacoast, so Dover might be a good destination.

--max