• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I have some issues with my own procrastination does anyone else?

Started by Raineyrocks, June 13, 2007, 04:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

Clearly, ADD is real and devastating to many. However, it is over-diagnosed, and drugs are over-prescribed. This is not a Watterson Calvin & Hobbes cartoon, but uses his great characters to make a chilling point:

And I know I still need to write up my original reply to this thread. I may even beat Stephen VanDyke http://hammeroftruth.com/inprogress

J’raxis 270145

If ADD is real, how did our society cope with it before all these drugs were invented? People say classrooms full of unmedicated ADD kids quickly become unmanageable... so a century ago all classrooms were unmanageable? But if the disease is as new as, or nearly as new as the drugs to treat it... how about we try to find the cause of the disease, and eliminate it, instead of pumping kids full of expensive medicines that (seem to) treat it?

I see very little difference between modern psych drugs and the lobotomy (where someone has a mental problem and a doctor "cures" this by ripping out a part of the patient's brain, making them appear to behave normally). The only difference is the ministration of a drug is a lot less brutal in appearance than jamming a spike through someone's eye socket.

toowm

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me...

... than a frontal lobotomy.