• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Is Disney satanic?

Started by Raineyrocks, October 24, 2007, 09:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RattyDog

Oh my god Seth....that was so funny.  >:D It was kind of scary though, I hate that possessed, Satan voice. :shivers:

I think that Disney is great. I loved all of the movies and shows from when I was a kid...the shows these days are sooooo bad. Remember "David the Gnome"? Whatever happened to good shows like that?

I think the movies they make now are gross. I dislike with intensity this whole "make it entertaining for adults as well" crap, with the innuendo and potty humor thats is supposed to go over kids heads. They might not "get it" but I still hear them repeating it over and over again. I don't like it, it's not good. Even movies like Shrek, etc...they go too far, they aren't actually for kids with the trash humor. My smallest sister, 11 years old, I think actually really liked the movie "Pan's Labyrinth" this year and I was much happier that she watched that than some of the other movies they have out geared toward girls her age. She is a very mature and more "worldly" little kid...but still. I felt that it was a great movie and one worth showing to a kid. It's like the different between the Grimm's Fairytales of old and the fairy tales they push on kids now. Have you ever read Roald Dahls "Revolting Rhymes"? Must read, must read. Dahl is a great example of how kids books should be written. With real lessons and real ideas about what it means to be human and how we should interact with others and what beauty really means....and all of this without being preachy, all of this without making the stories sticky sweet and pussy-ish. They took a lot of the fun out of fairytales when they erased the truly despicable characters and took out the part where the children who don't listen to their parents and venture in to the woods and are rude to the witch who lives there end up getting eaten and have their bones chopped up and thrown in the fire. I mean....that was the good stuff. Now, they've removed all of that, watered it down, sugar coated everything, "evil" always loses....but on top of it they've added these really gross jokes, sexual innuendo, etc. I don't get it. Children's stories used to be a bit more real, I think.

Have you seen the Bratz dolls and show?? Our culture is raising girls to be hookers, it's disgusting. We bitch and moan about "OMG, why is my daughter such a bitchy slut? She's only 12, where is she getting these messages, why did I find a padded bra and a tube of lip plumping lip gloss in her room!?" then we let them play with a doll that wears a cropped halter top with a mini skirt and more makeup on one eye than I usually wear in a year. It's awful. The values that are being promoted are sickening. So much of the programming out there is a part of the problem. It's not good, it's all fluff, nobody is thinking. I mean, there are still some good shows...Blues Clues is awesome, I also love Arthur. PBS has good kids programming. But man, a lot of the shows and movies for kids are Satanic for the fact that they are promoting messages and ideas that are toxic and not conducive to the creation of well rounded, healthy, happy or thinking kids.

Wow...I'm way off track here. Ramble.... :soapbox: Sorry, this is one of my..."things".

Tom Sawyer

Disney died with Walt Disney... the stuff they make now I don't get for my child. We have been slowly collecting the original good stuff...
Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier  :D

kola

In every disney movie a female dies and usually it is a main character.

Kola

RattyDog

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 25, 2007, 08:49 AM NHFT
Disney died with Walt Disney... the stuff they make now I don't get for my child. We have been slowly collecting the original good stuff...
Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier  :D

YESSSSS!! And the old Paul Bunyon stuff!! The real adventures...the real stuff. I love the real fairy tales...man, they were so much more real. People got hurt, bad kids were turned into toads, good kids who told the truth and were brave made it home...it was all so much better. The messages were" listen to your parents (unless your name is Hansel or Gretel), don't lie, don't be a pansy, be brave, use your head...etc. It's not like that anymore. I mean, Harry Potter is great, there are still films like that (bless you, JK Rowling), but for the most part it's gone to the dogs.

But if I recall correctly...Walt had his own, ummm, stuff, going on, didn't he. What was his thing again? He liked children, or was a raging racist or something? Whatever it was...he made excellent films. Isn't it funny to think that someone (who turned him down for a job, I think) once said of him that he lacked imagination and talent!

Yes, so much of the "new" in the world of entertainment, can't touch the "old". But then I love the "older" stuff anyway. Christmas time at my house is filled with Bing and Frank...even Elvis and Marilyn...all the old greats singin' Christmas how it;s supposed to be sung. The very next time I hear "Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer" I'm going to kick myself in the face.  :o

Raineyrocks

There are some really strange cartoons out now too.  I love Cow & Chicken and Courage the Cowardly Dog but I really don't like Kids Next Door and I think the other one is Billy & Mandy.  Hardly any of these cartoons have parents on the shows, the kids are running around doing whatever they want, answering to no one or if a parent is involved the kids roll theirs eyes and are disrespectful.  I really hate the commercials that are on the Cartoon channel too, they are full of sexual stuff and creepy kids and stupid parents.  There's one that comes on and this girl must be about 12 at the most and she's talking to her mother in code, (like using the first letter for the word she's saying), and the mother is going along with her as this girl has her hands on her hips, rolling her eyes and the mother is being a calm robot parent like these shows/commercials  try to make the parents out to be.
Where the hell did the old Scooby Doo go?  And the old Looney Tunes? 
I've wanted to get rid of the t.v. for a long time but my husband which is his right of course, I just think it would be easier to get rid of it than be the t.v. "police".   ::)

Raineyrocks

Here's an interesting article about the possibility that Hitler drew Disney pictures, maybe.

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures...yName=News#a=1