• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Chemistry tutor available

Started by Bald Eagle, August 13, 2007, 12:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

15 years experience (5 years Pharmacy school + 10 years PhD research in organic chemistry and mechanistic enzymology)
Individualized attention and participatory exercises geared toward understanding not regurgitation.

$30 an hour + expenses, 33.333% discount for Porcs. 

No coddling, no "limited tutoring" to ensure further sessions, just straightforward instruction.
I can only present the material and try to explain it the best I can.  The student needs to do what is necessary to learn the material, including working out problems, asking questions, and seeking help after their best and documented efforts fail to yield the correct answer.  What you're doing wrong is as valuable to understand as what you're doing right.  Knowing the right answer doesn't help if you don't understand why it's the right answer, or why all other answers are wrong.  Or if there may be more than one right answer, depending on the conditions.

Group rates available especially for home-schoolers.  $20 per additional student, $15 for porcs.
Liberty dollars and other silver and gold accepted.
Chemistry demonstrations can be done depending upon availability of appropriate location, materials and supplies, at group's expense.
Significant notification required due to necessary planning, testing, and acquisition of location, materials and supplies.

Willing to design curricula and write up lesson plans and "homework" exercises. 

First time students and adult students wishing to learn chemistry in a comfortable environment or just focus on one specialized area are welcome.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=3712.msg171281#msg171281

toowm

Great idea! Would you want me to circulate this on some homeschooling boards/sites?

We were planning on chemistry after algebra is completed, in about 2 years. We have the Chemical Principles textbook from Dickerson,Gray, and Haight from the Robinson Curriculum.

Bald Eagle

Yes, please, I could certainly use the work.

I don't know what any of the homeschooling curricula are like, but I could take a look at it sometime if you'd like.  Due to the structuring of the chemistry curriculum by government schools and using science and math courses as a "weeding-out" tool, people have a mistaken impression that ALL chemistry involves a lot of math.  Most of the chemistry that I've done (organic) involves at most the math required to bake a batch of cookies.

Thanks.