• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porc needs move-in help 9/5, maybe 9/5 No. Manchester

Started by Lloyd Danforth, August 19, 2007, 08:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

(From Mark Warden)

I've heard that there are many of you fellow Porcs out there that will rally to help new arrivals move!  I'd like to take advantage of the offer.  I'll be moving into a home in No. Manchester.

Where is the best place to announce such an arrival?  Is this the correct forum/thread?  Please advise.

Thank you,
Mark

P.S.  My unload will probably take only about an hour.  It's the equivalent of a 2 BR apartment's worth of furniture and stuff.  The date will likely be Wed. the 5th, but possibly one day earlier or later.

Lloyd Danforth

(Mark Warden)

I've heard that there are many of you fellow Porcs out there that will rally to help new arrivals move!  I'd like to take advantage of the offer.  I'll be moving into a home in No. Manchester.

Where is the best place to announce such an arrival?  Is this the correct forum/thread?  Please advise.

Thank you,
Mark

P.S.  My unload will probably take only about an hour.  It's the equivalent of a 2 BR apartment's worth of furniture and stuff.  The date will likely be Wed. the 5th, but possibly one day earlier or later.

Bald Eagle

Here is as good a place as any; however, he should email Margot Keyes from the Welcome Wagon with contact information, mark it on the events calendar, and cross post it to the FSP board.

Hopefully he's signed the pledge, will update his info to bump the counter up, and go to pledgebank to show that he's completed the pledge if he's First 1000.

dalebert

Dreepa

Should the title of this thread read 9/5?

Also isn't Manchester in Hillsboro county?  lol

What time?

Lloyd Danforth

I thought I fixed that. Oh well, were a smart crowd.

Kat Kanning

Porcupine Realtor

Thanks, y'all.  As soon as I have a definite date/time, I'll post it here and call Margot.  The truck driver doesn't commit a date until 2-3 days out.
As soon as I am there, I will update the pledge/mover counter.  I'm a First 1000, and your hospitality during PorcFest helped me make the decision.

I look forward to being on the welcome committee to extend the kindness that you have shown me to other new arrivals.

Dave Ridley

i think i met mark the other day at TT, he was cool

Dreepa

Update:
I expect the trailer to be dropped off at my home on Wednesday, probably between 1-4 p.m.  If I can get a few FSPers to help out, that would be great.  Thanks.

Mark Warden
702-321-8050
The address:  138 Campbell St.  North End Manchester.  Thank you in advance for any help.

Lloyd Danforth

Porcupine Realtor

OK, finally I have the date confirmed.  The trailer actually arrives tonight, but I want to unload tomorrow.  Let's say 3-6 p.m.  It may take only 90 minutes, depending on how many vols are there.
I will provide pizza and beer/sodas to all who show up.  I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

If you can't come until 5 or later, call first to see if we're still unloading.  There are a a few heavy items, so I can only unload them if I have 2-3 strong men (or Kate) to help.
See you tonight at TT.  I'll have maps.
The address is 138 Campbell St.  Direx below
Mark
702-321-8050 

Directions:  from the east side, I-93 exit 9S onto Hooksett Rd.  Turn right (north) at the first light, which is Campbell.  There is the Hannaford shopping plaza on the NE corner and a Burger King on the SW corner.  Go 1/2 mile and the house is on the right.  Park in the right-side driveway or across the street in the cul-de-sac.

From the west side, take  N. to Exit 6 (Amoskeag). Bear right and get to Elm St.  Take a LEFT ON ELM ST. (north); then RIGHT (east) ON WEBSTER, then LEFT (north) ON UNION ST.  Go about 3/4 mile and TURN RIGHT ON CAMPBELL.  It's the 3rd or 4th house on the left.  Park across the street in the cul-de-sac.

dalebert

UPDATE: We talked about this at Taproom Tuesday. The time has been moved up to 10am due to some scheduling conflicts. Wednesday is a busy day. :) If you happen to be free around then and Manchester isn't too far of a drive for you, your help will still be greatly appreciated.

Amos Keag

Mark,

First of all, welcome to the neighborhood!  You're now our closest porc neighbor @ a quarter mile...followed closely by Brian, Jenn, Cole, Karl, David, and Andy.  This is great stuff, right here.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help unload the truck this morning.  I can give you a hand after the debate tonight, if there's anything left.

Nice place, by the way...I saw the LP sticker on my way to work.

Chris

Porcupine Realtor

Thanks, Chris.  Stop by and say hello some time.

The unloading has been completed (this morning).  If anyone stops by this afternoon, we can still chat and unpack, but the heavy stuff is done!  Thanks to all who were willing to help, and to Cathleen, Rob, Bill, Dale and Phillip for their sweat efforts.

I am thrilled to be in the neighborhood.  Many porcs have already reached out to make me feel welcome.  I look forward to doing the same to new arrivals and prospects.

Mark