• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gun show in Concord.

Started by grasshopper, August 29, 2007, 11:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: mackler on August 30, 2007, 11:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: Romak on August 30, 2007, 07:25 AM NHFT
You can buy a rifle or shotgun with an out of state license, but have to be a state resident to buy a handgun.

You're talking about purchasing from "dealers" right?  If I buy from a private individual I can just pay cash anonymously and buy whatever I want, right?  Or wrong?

Residency requirements are the same, whether purchasing from a dealer or a private individual.

Well, almost the same: a dealer can sell a long gun to a resident of another state, but not a handgun. A non-dealer cannot legally sell any gun to a resident of another state.

And just to be precise, it is "transfer" that is restricted, not selling. You can't give it for free, either.

mackler

Quote from: Malum Prohibitum on August 30, 2007, 01:46 PM NHFT
Are the gun shows in NH better than the ones in CALI? 

I went to one recently, and there wasnt one rifle that wasnt a collectors item on display.  Im sure it has to do with some bullshit regulation, but Im unsure if its federal or state.

I went hoping to decide on a shotgun, and ended up wasting $15 admission to spend 20 minutes looking at ammo cans and bad tshirts.

I went to a gun show in WA, and there was enough of everything there to fight World War III.  Everything from antique samurai swords to laser guided assault weapons that looked like they might take me out just by standing too close.

I didn't buy any guns there, but neither do I remember hearing about any requirement for background checking.  I'll have to look into that if New Hampshire isn't so free.

mackler

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 30, 2007, 05:45 PM NHFT
And, what the heck are "laser guided assault weapons"?

It's a generic term for scary M.F. weapons that are beyond my comprehension.

grasshopper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0

Please watch this if you think that if they look scary that they are assault weapons.  Please educate yourselves as to the difference.

mackler

Quote from: grasshopper on August 31, 2007, 11:47 AM NHFT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0

Please watch this if you think that if they look scary that they are assault weapons.  Please educate yourselves as to the difference.

Thank you Mister Grasshopper.  Thank you not only for showing everyone that you were out to lunch the day they were handing out senses of humor, but also that you apparently didn't bother to watch the video you thought was going to teach me something.

Mr ATF man (9:06): "The assault weapon has a very menacing appearance to it, but this gun technologically, as far as how it fires, is pretty much the same as a sporting semi-automatic rifle with the exception that this firearm has an exotic-type appearance to it."

Translation: if they look scary then they are assault weapons.