• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

zombie synchronicity

Started by Friday, September 10, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

OK, this is really weird...

I like to read while I eat.  And the past few days, I have been reading an issue of Liberty magazine at mealtimes.  Not the current issue, mind you, the April 2007 issue, for no particular reason, it was just at hand.  And last night at dinner I was reading an odd article that seems to be a serious dissertation on George Romero's zombie philosophy, as well as a review of a new book called "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks.  Zombies and libertarian philosophy, what are the odds, right??  So it's a long article, and I only got halfway through it at last night's dinner.  I overslept this morning and didn't have time to read at breakfast.  At around 6:00PM this evening, I suddenly receive an email from an old friend I haven't heard from in a year.  This friend is a little, well, crazy.  The entire content of the email is a hyperlink.  To what?  A complete, online edition of "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks.  And then an hour later, at dinner, I finish the zombie article, and it talks about how World War Z is the followup to The Zombie Survival Guide.

This has got to mean something... I'm just not sure what.  Crazy friend is psychic?  The apocalypse is at hand?  I'm experiencing zombie kismet?   :o

:couch:

d_goddard

Have you seen Shaun of the Dead yet?

For the record, my half-sister and her partner introduced me both to "Shaun of the Dead" and to "Firefly" on the same weekend.. Just those two films specifically. I believe there something to that...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748/

Jim Johnson

I've never met a real live Zombie.
I don't know anyone who's second cousin's husband's friend's father  knew of someone who might have heard of someone who might know of someone who ever met a zombie, but my bother's wife's sister's husband drove over the I35 bridge in Minneapolis ten minutes before it fell.

Insurgent

http://zombiehunters.org

We might have something to learn and/or share with these guys!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Insurgent on September 10, 2007, 11:17 PM NHFT

Like what?  How to keep your Styrofoam spikes attached to your gauntlets or how well ablative armor works without 3" of steel.

Insurgent

Quote from: Facilitator on September 10, 2007, 11:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Insurgent on September 10, 2007, 11:17 PM NHFT

Like what?  How to keep your Styrofoam spikes attached to your gauntlets or how well ablative armor works without 3" of steel.

More than that--It looks like a silly page but explore it more :) http://zombiehunters.org/faq.php

TackleTheWorld

In the last two days you saw two instances of zombies, but you probably saw two instances of pot scrubbers or bike riding too.  Yet you considered the zombies significant and the pot scrubbers not.  Your brain is trying to tell you something about zombies.   
Do you think insensitive, clumsy cannibals are overrunning the world?   I'd have to agree with you there. 
What do you think your brain is trying to point out about zombies?

Lasse

I see zombies every day.

They are usually on TV, wearing suits, with red party pins on their lapels.

KBCraig

Score one for the Scandinavian.  ;)

Kat Kanning

I used to have a zombie roommate.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Facilitator on September 10, 2007, 11:08 PM NHFT

Just look for the Hillary bumper stickers...

Friday

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 10, 2007, 11:51 PM NHFT
In the last two days you saw two instances of zombies, but you probably saw two instances of pot scrubbers or bike riding too.  Yet you considered the zombies significant and the pot scrubbers not.  Your brain is trying to tell you something about zombies.   
Do you think insensitive, clumsy cannibals are overrunning the world?   I'd have to agree with you there. 

No no, you're downplaying the significance of this.  It wasn't in two days, it was in two HOURS, that two radically different sources (a not-quite-fresh issue of a libertarian magazine, and a long-lost NONlibertarian friend) not only both referenced zombies, but the exact same book about them.  So yes, my brain is making a connection between the two events, but it's a pretty radical coincidence, wouldn't you say?  Also, it wasn't like I picked the issue of the magazine, or the article within the magazine, for the zombie article. I'd been reading this issue for days, completely from cover to cover, and just happened to be at the zombie article.

Denis, yes, I've seen Shaun of the Dead.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 10, 2007, 11:51 PM NHFT

Bike riders and pot scrubbers are a lot more common than Zombies.  Sandy's experience is more like seeing two different one legged unicycle riders, in different places and two unassociated 'car size'  SOS pads.

sandm000

d_goddard

Quote from: sandm000 on September 11, 2007, 08:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator on September 10, 2007, 11:08 PM NHFT

Can anyone meet a real live Zombie?
Damn you, Spock, and your Vulcan logic!