• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anonymous Blogger Attacks the NH Underground!

Started by FTL_Ian, September 26, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: jsorens on September 27, 2007, 01:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on September 27, 2007, 12:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: Bald Eagle on September 27, 2007, 11:31 AM NHFT
I don't get on Ian or Dave's case, so let's lay off of Jason.

There are a lot of people out there who are interested in changing our country's self-destructive course, and doing something to re-establish a culture of Liberty, smaller/no government and individual responsibility.  They are all going to have different ideas about how to go about doing this.  You can't shove freedom down the throats of New Hampshire natives, and you can't shove your perceived way of achieving Liberty in our Lifetime down the throats of other Freestaters.

Agreed.  Freedom seekers need to unite -- even with those who don't share all of the same views -- not "disassociate themselves" or imply that others are not serious.  That is exactly why I responded the way I did to Jason's ill-conceived characterization of his own allies.  Might I state again that I have the utmost respect for him, because of what he has actually accomplished for the freedom movement.

I think you may have jumped to conclusions about whom I was referring to as "extremists." My confirmed view is that our objective as libertarians should be a society of free and responsible individuals, in part because a society of free and irresponsible individuals will not long remain free.

What specifically is irresponsible about what Julia's done?

dalebert

Quote from: alaska on September 27, 2007, 10:55 AM NHFT
The only people who are "serious Free Staters" are those who have moved to NH and have been active in some way. Extremists in Jason's mind, of course. Fuck him.

It's fun to poke fun at Jason for inventing the FSP and not making the move yet, but that's WAY uncalled for. I also don't think it's fair to all the activists out there who will likely contribute significantly to the movement and just haven't moved yet.

You've signed the statement of intent, right Jason? That's good enough for me. All this wouldn't be happening if not for your efforts.

d_goddard

Insurgent

Quote from: dalebert on September 27, 2007, 07:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: alaska on September 27, 2007, 10:55 AM NHFT
The only people who are "serious Free Staters" are those who have moved to NH and have been active in some way. Extremists in Jason's mind, of course. Fuck him.

It's fun to poke fun at Jason for inventing the FSP and not making the move yet, but that's WAY uncalled for. I also don't think it's fair to all the activists out there who will likely contribute significantly to the movement and just haven't moved yet.

You've signed the statement of intent, right Jason? That's good enough for me. All this wouldn't be happening if not for your efforts.

I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Jason for inventing this brainchild--I wouldn't be here were it not for that inspiring article he wrote and subsequent FSP movement. The fact that he and other some of the other board members are not yet here in NH is probably a positive aspect.

SethCohn

The fact that he and other some of the other board members are not yet here in NH is probably a positive aspect.

Indeed.  If none of the board members were in NH yet, that would be valid cause to criticize...
If all of the board members were in NH already, that also would be valid cause to criticize...

Jason is doing the right thing for himself, his family, and his career, and he made it clear when he took the job in NY that it wasn't his first choice, but was his only valid choice at the time.

And like it or not, his criticism has some valid core points, even if a bit bristling to some of you.  I've made some of the same criticisms in the past, and I'm here in NH...  I accept that Russell, Kat, Lauren and others aren't interested in the electoral way of changing things.... and sometimes, as a result, we'll be at loggerheads.  So be it.  That doesn't make them less serious, which is the true issue that Jason should correct and apologize for, IMHO: 

Jason, I think you meant 'seriously political', instead of 'serious'.
Yes, it is 'dumb' when you're running for office (or planning on it) to make remarks that are extreme.
Goldwater quote aside, that's a political reality these days, whether the extremists like it or not.
If you think it's more important to make a public comment that will cost you votes and hence an election, than hold your tongue and be less extreme, to win an election and then make a difference, then you aren't running seriously... you're running a typical (losing) pro-freedom campaign, sad but true these days (And I intentionally did not say Libertarian, as the Constitution party, etc do the same...)  There are plenty of us who want to change that pattern... aka the 'seriously political' Free Staters.

Gee, I'm posting too much... back to a seth-free NHfree, mostly in progress... We apologize for the preceding sethness, and will implement stronger sethfilters in the future.

Dreepa

Quote from: shyfrog on September 27, 2007, 12:52 PM NHFT

Revolution for the Hell of it and Steal This Book have much such practical wisdom, I suggest getting copies. 

Abbie Hoffman...I need to find replacements for the ones I lost in a fiery roll-over 24 years ago.
Also gone is my copy of Do It! by Jerry Rubin.

Thanks for the reminder. Now where did I put those keys...

I think I stole that book from you.

Soundwave

J’raxis 270145

Now we can probably expect another anonymous blog to pop up somewhere grumbling about crazy, evil freestaters shutting down this one, or frightening the owner into taking it down, or somesuch.

jsorens

Quote from: dalebert on September 27, 2007, 07:50 PM NHFT
You've signed the statement of intent, right Jason?

Of course! I've been applying for permanent jobs in my field in & near NH ever since the choice of state was announced. I also rejected an overseas job before I got the job at Buffalo, b/c it would take me too far from the FSP. Alan Weiss can attest to that: I talked to him about it before the decision. Another reason I couldn't just quit my job is that, as many of you know, Mary's a cancer survivor & continues to have surgeries for various complications. Going without health insurance for any period of time isn't an option for us, & she isn't physically able to work herself.

David

Quote from: alaska on September 26, 2007, 07:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 26, 2007, 01:05 PM NHFTI would have to agree with Jason here, there are plenty of cops that aren't thugs.

So you're saying that there are cops who DON'T put people in jail when they commit a victimless crime? Or that they just aren't mean about it?

I thought the same thing.   :-\ 
Jason is a good person, please, cut him some slack.  Save the anger for the thugs, who put people in jail for victimless crimes. 
<Gee, I'm posting too much... back to a seth-free NHfree, mostly in progress... We apologize for the preceding sethness, and will implement stronger sethfilters in the future.>
Naw, hang around more often.  I may be too extreme for you, you being a 'moderate anarchist' and all, but you are welcome here.  And your karma is back in positive territory.   ;D

Tom Sawyer

Hey Julia saw your write up in the Keene paper today.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=10761.msg184476#msg184476

I don't get on Ian or Dave's case, so let's lay off of Jason.

Jason's the one who showed up here attacking Julia and extremists who aren't "serious freestaters".  That's OK, I guess.

dalebert

Quote from: alaska on September 28, 2007, 05:05 AM NHFT
Like eBay, they must pull anything someone bitches about. Ehehehehe.

Haha. Using a bad business model against itself.

Bald Eagle

"Jason's the one who showed up here attacking Julia and extremists who aren't "serious freestaters".  That's OK, I guess."

I'm sorry, but saying "expose the cops as the thugs they really are" when you're running for office is just dumb. And more importantly, incorrect. Most cops aren't thugs. No wonder serious Free Staters want to disassociate themselves from the extremists.

I'd hardly characterize that as an "attack," perhaps what Jason thought would be an appropriate constructive criticism, but let's TRY to have thicker skins and be more reasonable and objective.  From his perspective, I can see how he may view what some people do as potentially harmful to themselves and/or the FSP.  He decided to say something at an early point, rather than wait until enough "bad" things happened such as in the case of Sandy re: JP.  Someone trying to criticize JP earlier on may have been viewed as trying to smear him, sow discord, or otherwise "attack" him.

Let's bury both the hatchet and this thread and as Scott said, move on.  If Julia doesn't have any beef with Jason, then there's no victim, no crime, and we can all have a big group hug and get over it.

Hopefully as the First 1000 land in New Hampshire, we'll all find ourselves too busy joining the fight against unscrupulous legislators and their amoral enforcers to be worried about hurling IRA-style bombs at the other freedom lovers because of the faction of freedom lovers they choose to belong to.

I often get a lot of criticism from people in the FSP for what I say or write or do or how I act or the style in which I choose to do things.  I either chalk it up to different background and mindset, personal differences, or use it as constructive criticism and try to be a better FSP activist because of it.

I love you all, now don't make me stop the bus and come back there.