• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Does anyone want to gripe or compliment anything about the opposite sex?

Started by Raineyrocks, October 11, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EJinCT

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 11, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT
2. He made a perverted comment to me when a nurse put on those long stockings to prevent leg clots before my hernia surgery!

Pffft! Now had he made the comment to the nurse I could see a problem.  ;D

Vain, shallow, pretentious, narrow-minded, fearful women suck.   :P

The same can be said for men with those traits as well  ;)

kola

umm.

I have a question.

Do all women want to handle the money and financial matters in a relationship?

My ex wife and ex longtern gf both wanted to control the money issues. It is not that I am bad at it as I have run a successful business for many years.

Is this a common occurance or have I just met dominating woman?

handcuffed to the bed,
Kola    lol

CNHT

I like the handcuffs idea... LOL

Seriously, Rainey you make me laugh as usual.... love you girl!

And I agree with Kat... I love men, and can't live without them (it)... which at times causes lots of the usual problems. LOL

:o

error

The opposite sex drives me absolutely batshit. But I guess that's par for the course.

KBCraig

I've only peeped in on this thread occasionally, mostly because I don't have any gripes. Seriously. People are people. Some are femalien, some are from Uranus, all are unique. Statistics works for large groups, not individuals; pigeon-holing individuals based on the group to which they're arbitrarily assigned is just plain silly.

Mary and I defy stereotypes in many ways.

I started to list the ways, but realized it sounded like I was bragging on myself, which was not my intent. We're just... defiant.  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on October 17, 2007, 01:29 AM NHFT
The opposite sex drives me absolutely batshit. But I guess that's par for the course.

I agree Error, I'm even having trouble figuring myself anymore. :)  I think it's people in general though some people seem to want some things so bad and they don't have any idea what to do once they get them.  Ramble, ramble............. :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: CNHT on October 16, 2007, 05:11 PM NHFT
I like the handcuffs idea... LOL

Seriously, Rainey you make me laugh as usual.... love you girl!

And I agree with Kat... I love men, and can't live without them (it)... which at times causes lots of the usual problems. LOL

:o

:hug45: for you, Jane!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on October 16, 2007, 03:50 PM NHFT
umm.

I have a question.

My ex wife and ex longtern gf both wanted to control the money issues. It is not that I am bad at it as I have run a successful business for many years.

handcuffed to the bed,
Kola    lol

This is a hard one to comment on and I definitely can't speak for all women of course.  I handle the finances because my husband is really bad at it and asked me to.  Now whenever he complains I ask him if he wants the checkbook back and he shuts up! :) 

A physic and several of my friends have told me I'm dominating but I think Rick needs to have a sense of direction.  I just told Rick what I wrote and he swears he has a sense of direction and I swear he does too, a circle, without me off course! ;D
He told me to tell you that he never realized he had all of these problems until I told him. ::)  He doesn't mind the handcuffs! :o

Raineyrocks

Quote from: EJinCT on October 13, 2007, 11:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 11, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT
2. He made a perverted comment to me when a nurse put on those long stockings to prevent leg clots before my hernia surgery!

Pffft! Now had he made the comment to the nurse I could see a problem.  ;D

Vain, shallow, pretentious, narrow-minded, fearful women suck.   :P

The same can be said for men with those traits as well  ;)

;D  My husband gave your comments thumbs up!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on October 17, 2007, 04:13 AM NHFT
I've only peeped in on this thread occasionally, mostly because I don't have any gripes. Seriously. People are people. Some are femalien, some are from Uranus, all are unique. Statistics works for large groups, not individuals; pigeon-holing individuals based on the group to which they're arbitrarily assigned is just plain silly.

Mary and I defy stereotypes in many ways.

I started to list the ways, but realized it sounded like I was bragging on myself, which was not my intent. We're just... defiant.  ;D

C'mon, brag, have some fun!  It's great if you have lots of positives! ;D

Raineyrocks

mike82934

I can't really complain about my wife (note that I didn't say women-that's a different matter entirely  :P ). She annoys/baffles me on occassion, but I'm sure that I more than repay the favor.  ;D

porcupine kate

Let's see about Bill.
After 13 years I can't complain.  We have been through so much and get along so well that I'll gladly put up with his distaste for washing dishes.  Seriously I wouldn't have so much fun and happiness if he wasn't in my life.

error

Quote from: porcupine kate on October 22, 2007, 06:00 PM NHFT
Seriously I would have so much fun and happiness if he wasn't in my life.

Somehow that doesn't sound quite right.

porcupine kate

Quote from: kola on October 16, 2007, 03:50 PM NHFT
umm.

I have a question.

handcuffed to the bed,
Kola    lol

My thoughts on women and they view money comes from selling expensive jewelry for years.  High ticket items brings out the best and worst in people.

In terms of managing money there are those who are better at than the spouse.  The spouse in this case usually knows this and goes along happily for the most part. (kicking and screaming if he has a spending problem)

There are also women who feel insecure about money in general and want control.  The fear of being a bag lady, catching him spending on other women or some other fear is in the back of their minds.  They have a fit if he does something with his money that he earned if she doesn't know about.

Don't forget the classic gold digger.  They want control of your money so they don't have to earn/spend any of there own.  These should be avoided at all costs.

Almost just as scary are the women who want nothing to do with the family finaces and are surprised when they are single and broke at age 50. 

The best couples both have a strong ability to handle money and consult each other on big things like spending, saving, and investing money.   The guy who writes the Millionare next door series has some great research on families and money.  It makes for an interesting read.