• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Does anyone want to gripe or compliment anything about the opposite sex?

Started by Raineyrocks, October 11, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Maybe this will be fun............who knows?  Here's mine about my husband:

1. He thinks swooshing a brush around in the toilet every week is doing his part of the housework.

2. He made a perverted comment to me when a nurse put on those long stockings to prevent leg clots before my hernia surgery!

3. He does not look up his nose after blowing it so I'm his personal boogie spotter. (gross I know but somebody's got to do it)

4. Hmmm, I'm starting to run out of gripes, maybe he's not so bad, wait...............that's it for now.  I can't come up with anymore, I must not be PMSing this week! ;D

slimpickens

Being a man who enjoys a woman dominated sport, Eventing- jumping horses, I've heard more than my share of man bashing. It never ended well if i were to woman bash back at them, and only creates conflict. How about posting the good things you can think of, I'm sure everyone hears enough criticism from spouses/partners.
I appreciate the ability of women to be "cheerleaders" for kids/adults especially when its not very exciting.

Rocketman

My beef is not so much with women as it is with monopolists in general.

I won't elaborate.   ;)

dalebert

cathleeninnh

Quote from: Rocketman on October 11, 2007, 10:21 AM NHFT

I won't elaborate.   ;)

The ones who think they can change the rules so only they pass GO?

Rocketman

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 11, 2007, 10:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Rocketman on October 11, 2007, 10:21 AM NHFT

I won't elaborate.   ;)

The ones who think they can change the rules so only they pass GO?

Cathleen, I said I wasn't going to elaborate!   :icon_pirat:  Yar, me loves women, shiver me timbers!  :icon_pirat:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: slimpickens on October 11, 2007, 10:13 AM NHFT
Being a man who enjoys a woman dominated sport, Eventing- jumping horses, I've heard more than my share of man bashing. It never ended well if i were to woman bash back at them, and only creates conflict. How about posting the good things you can think of, I'm sure everyone hears enough criticism from spouses/partners.
I appreciate the ability of women to be "cheerleaders" for kids/adults especially when its not very exciting.

You have a good point but I wasn't trying to bash even though I can see how it looks like that, sorry! :) 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 11, 2007, 11:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: slimpickens on October 11, 2007, 10:13 AM NHFT

You have a good point but I wasn't trying to bash even though I can see how it looks like that, sorry! :) 

I changed the subject line!  Your right there is enough negativity.  I thought it would be fun to whine about little issues but it can also be fun posting more positive things! :)

Raineyrocks

My compliments list for my husband:

1.  Always asks me and the kids how our day went.

2.  If I ask him for help he usually does.

3.  He is very patient with my ADD.

4.  He notices almost anything different I've done to the house or myself, even though he didn't notice one of our kids pierced her eyebrow and had big earrings in it for 2 days.

5.  He writes songs about me and sings them to me.

Wow, more positive than negative, it does feel good!   :D

Lloyd Danforth

I've never been able to get women to put the seat back up.  Other than that they are OK, though.  There was some stuff I really liked about women, but, my memory  is failing. 

slimpickens

Thanks for modifying thread ;D

compliments 1) ability to multitask effectively
                  2) compassion
                  3) communication skills, even if men don't understand  ;)
                  4) dancing
                  5) ability to openly share feelings

gripe about both genders

Double standards

Raineyrocks

Quote from: slimpickens on October 11, 2007, 12:46 PM NHFT
Thanks for modifying thread ;D

compliments 1) ability to multitask effectively
                  2) compassion
                  3) communication skills, even if men don't understand  ;)
                  4) dancing
                  5) ability to openly share feelings

gripe about both genders

Double standards

Your welcome, it was a great suggestion!  :)

Kat Kanning

Puke

Puke