• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Peppiness and Gloating

Started by Friday, October 25, 2007, 05:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 26, 2007, 08:32 AM NHFT
sometimes I am so peppy ... Lloyd has to try to bring me down
it doesn't work

pssst .... don't tell Lloyd I told you, but he sometimes has fun cutting wood to fix houses for incoming porcupines to the shire ...

Good for you Russell!  Keep fighting against the evil Lloyd machine! ;D 

I won't tell Lloyd, he doesn't even know how to work all of his buttons so I'm sure this secret is safe. 8)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 26, 2007, 08:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 26, 2007, 08:32 AM NHFT
sometimes I am so peppy ... Lloyd has to try to bring me down
it doesn't work

pssst .... don't tell Lloyd I told you, but he sometimes has fun cutting wood to fix houses for incoming porcupines to the shire ...

In my defense, i just don't want Russel to 'Pop' from all of his peppyness
Llloyd

That is so thoughtful of you Lloyd! ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 08:38 AM NHFT
He is Mr. Peppy.

Your lucky Kat!  Rick is Mr. What Mood is it Going to Be Today. :-\

Raineyrocks

Kat, I think people might be scared when they see moderator under my name!  I'm so excited though! 

Gosh I never even got to be a captain in my baseball team when I was younger!

Thanks Kat! :hghfive:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on October 26, 2007, 07:37 AM NHFT
Oh I just had to post this here:  Pete got a new chair...  and, typical guy, loves 'his chair'.  He even sleeps in it...  SSOOOO cute ;D:

That is so cute Ivy!  I love those little chairs and miss when my kids could fit in them. 

When my son was 2 he picked out a Chevy Belair in Toys R Us for his birthday present.  He wheeled it all around the store and when we got home he lived in that car for a long time.  He'd get wet paper towels and clean it, eat in it and sleep in it.  He just turned 10 the other day and he's my baby so now I have no kids that are in their single digit years, it's a weird, sad feeling.

I know, peppy, peppy!

Kat Kanning

When's movie night, rainey?  I'm starting to think you're a fictional person, since I haven't met you.  ;)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT
When's movie night, rainey?  I'm starting to think you're a fictional person, since I haven't met you.  ;)

It seems that way, doesn't it?  That's why when I was finally in Concord the other day I went by the State buildings to see if anybody was around to show them that I really care and exist. :D

I'm still waiting for the End Game dvd, it hasn't come yet.  I know people can download it now but don't please just wait until I get it so we can have a movie night.  It'll be fun! ;D

EJinCT

Nice! Great forum.

I was thinking along similar lines yesterday how many posts seem to be all gloom and doom.

I ran across this and though it doesn't seem that significant, it's small acts of kindness like this that give me some hope for humanity.

Couple get wedding photos after 27 years

Tue Oct 23, 5:08 PM ET

MANSFIELD, Ohio - A couple won't mark their 27th anniversary until Thursday, but they've already received the perfect gift: the wedding pictures they couldn't afford when they married as teenagers. Their photographer showed up last week at the diner where Karen Cline works and surprised her with a photo album from her big day in 1980.

"About a month ago, I was just cleaning out some of my old things and I found it," said photographer Jim Wagner, who's now 80. "I knew she didn't have any money back then, and I just thought she might like to have it."

"I just stood there and cried and cried and hugged him," Cline said afterward, tearing up again.

She recalled being a new bride at 18 and admiring the pictures, but feeling heartsick because she and her husband, Mark, who was 19 at the time, didn't have $150 to pay for them.

All these years, the Clines have had just one wedding picture that someone else took, of her walking down the aisle.

Wagner said he was able to track down Karen Cline after running into her stepfather a few weeks ago.

When the photographer showed up in the diner, she wrote him a check for the long-awaited $150 — and that's when he cried, she said.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: EJinCT on October 26, 2007, 10:24 AM NHFT
Nice! Great forum.

I was thinking along similar lines yesterday how many posts seem to be all gloom and doom.

I ran across this and though it doesn't seem that significant, it's small acts of kindness like this that give me some hope for humanity.

Couple get wedding photos after 27 years

Tue Oct 23, 5:08 PM ET

MANSFIELD, Ohio - A couple won't mark their 27th anniversary until Thursday, but they've already received the perfect gift: the wedding pictures they couldn't afford when they married as teenagers. Their photographer showed up last week at the diner where Karen Cline works and surprised her with a photo album from her big day in 1980.

"About a month ago, I was just cleaning out some of my old things and I found it," said photographer Jim Wagner, who's now 80. "I knew she didn't have any money back then, and I just thought she might like to have it."

"I just stood there and cried and cried and hugged him," Cline said afterward, tearing up again.

She recalled being a new bride at 18 and admiring the pictures, but feeling heartsick because she and her husband, Mark, who was 19 at the time, didn't have $150 to pay for them.

All these years, the Clines have had just one wedding picture that someone else took, of her walking down the aisle.

Wagner said he was able to track down Karen Cline after running into her stepfather a few weeks ago.

When the photographer showed up in the diner, she wrote him a check for the long-awaited $150 — and that's when he cried, she said.

That is awesome EJ!  Thanks for sharing that! :)

Pat K

I just found a four leaf clover while taking out the garbage!!

cathleeninnh

I just had a vision of PatK on his hands and knees examining growing clover!

Cathleen

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on October 26, 2007, 02:19 PM NHFT

That's wonderful! :D  Why do I feel like I'm stuck in a Beatle's song tripping on LSD? :dontknow:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 26, 2007, 04:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on October 26, 2007, 02:19 PM NHFT

That's wonderful! :D  Why do I feel like I'm stuck in a Beatle's song tripping on LSD? :dontknow:

Or living in  Mr. Roger's neighborhood, isn't that the guys name that had the show and would sing to kids?

Kat Kanning

Yes.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....