• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

President takes Blue Ribbon

Started by Tom Sawyer, October 27, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

In keeping with his exemplary genetic heritage... Sport of kings and all. President William came home with the blue ribbon.  8)

Pat K

Is this the event were they use the Horses
to herd Cats?  ;D

41mag

That's great!  Congradulations William!

shyfrog

Jim Johnson

Friday

William is such a cutie!  How'd you find such a tiny horse??

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on October 28, 2007, 08:48 AM NHFT
William is such a cutie!  How'd you find such a tiny horse??

The pony is named Denny. She isn't really easy to ride, but that means he has to try harder. We were using another pony named Nahla but unfortunately she died, they had gotten really good together. For several months he was riding full size horses, but the rhythm is different and he lost some ground after being thrown once.

His teacher is really nice and they have a lot of interesting conversations... just the kind of mentoring situation a parent would wish for. Things are up in the air for the immediate future however... the teacher is leaving the stable as will the pony, we are hoping to follower her to her new situation if at all possible.

William's interest in horses started from watching Steve McQueen in the series Wanted Dead or Alive. It was cool the first time he rode alone when he was 4, I told him he looked just like Josh Randall... you could see in his posture that he was Josh Randall in his mind. Man I wish I could be a kid again... to feel all those feelings again for the first time.

41mag

So is he getting his very own Colt SAA soon?   :)

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: 41mag on October 28, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT

Horses are really expensive to keep. I think we'll just rent one.  :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 28, 2007, 09:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: 41mag on October 28, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT

Horses are really expensive to keep. I think we'll just rent one.  :)

I'm a doofus... The little women had to tell me you are refering to a revolver... duh.  :blush:

We thought he could have been the hit of the show if he came in rootin' tootin' shootin'.  ;D

EJinCT

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 28, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT
We thought he could have been the hit of the show if he came in rootin' tootin' shootin'.  ;D

That or detained for terroristic acts.  :o  ;D

Pat K

I believe Steve carried a Mares leg.

Tom Sawyer

Yes he did. You can by your own mares leg but ya got to cozy up to ATF cause it's under 16 inches.  :P

Elizabeth liked the show because... well it's Steve McQueen.  ;D