• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kids doing fun stuff

Started by Tom Sawyer, November 09, 2007, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

William is restoring this saw I bought at a consignment shop for $2.

Pat K

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 12, 2019, 07:42 AM NHFT
William is restoring this saw I bought at a consignment shop for $2.

How do you plug it in ?

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

Okay, so you don't plug a hand saw in.  To recondition it, you sharpen it and oil it ?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 16, 2019, 05:27 PM NHFT
Okay, so you don't plug a hand saw in.  To recondition it, you sharpen it and oil it ?

He took it apart, polished the brass hardware... Cleaned and refinished the handle. Apparently the little logo/badge is worth 12 bucks alone.

He didn't even have to sharpen the teeth. He says that this is a pretty desirable saw. I chose it because it was different than the others and it was still sharp.

He is up on such things. I wish I had bought all of the saws they had at 2 dollars each. I bet they thought people would buy them to hang on the wall as decoration.

Free libertarian

I have one of those two man cross cut saws with the long handles on either end.  It's the kind you see on tavern walls where they serve expensive micro brews etc.    Saw a similar one on e-bay for $59. 

It's the kind of thing you can't throw away, so it sits in the shed waiting for the apocalypse to become important again.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 17, 2019, 08:54 PM NHFT
I have one of those two man cross cut saws with the long handles on either end.  It's the kind you see on tavern walls where they serve expensive micro brews etc.    Saw a similar one on e-bay for $59. 

It's the kind of thing you can't throw away, so it sits in the shed waiting for the apocalypse to become important again.

Jim and I used one and it was pretty efficent at cutting softwood trees.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 17, 2019, 09:39 PM NHFT

Mine is hiding. It comes out to entertain city folk.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 18, 2019, 07:28 AM NHFT

Don't forget your blue ox, they always love your blue ox!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 18, 2019, 08:47 AM NHFT

I'm not as young as I used to be.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 18, 2019, 02:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 18, 2019, 08:47 AM NHFT

I'm not as young as I used to be.

Funny you should say that, because no one is as young as they used to be... I mean it stand to reason!  ;D

But, I must say that is a pretty dang awesome beard!

Free libertarian

I just know I could grow a manly beard, but I'm not allowed to.

She won't let me.   :icon_cat:   :glasses1: :whip2:

Russell Kanning

Jim fixed up a nice 1 or 2 person saw that we used a bunch in Grafton. It must still be there somewhere. I got that for $2 too.
We also bought a new 2 person saw that John and I loved to use for the final cut on a tree so we could hear the wind blowing and whatever sound the tree was making. And when you run away you don't have a running chain saw your hands. :)

Tom Sawyer

Jim gave William this lathe for his birthday. He recently bought some nifty antique turning tools for it. This is his first turning with it.

Thanks Jim. I especially like the mount and everything you built for it. He was able to take it outside to make the mess.