• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

CALLING ALL LIBERTY DOLLAR ASSOCIATES!

Started by shuvom, November 11, 2007, 10:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 16, 2007, 10:16 PM NHFT
Any info going to be posted online about what was discussed? Other people at the Taproom were wondering too.

I'm not sure I can go into all the details, but I think we came out with a decent plan.

Shuvom suggested three courses of action: Wait for the Liberty Dollar situation to clear up, try to develop a silver market amongst ourselves (try to be covert about things), and create our own silver plan.

Pretty much everyone agreed that waiting for the Liberty Dollar situation to settle wasn't worth pursuing. Also, most people agreed that trying to develop our own internal network is going to happen without any need for specific action. Pretty much everyone agreed that we should try to create our own plan.

The big discussion, of course, was over whether there should be a "face value" on the medallions. Most people don't actually want the face value, but then there isn't as much of a profit model and thus less incentive to push for its usage.

So, if we go with a face value model, then we have a built in profit. If we go with weight, then we would pretty much have to work as a marketing organization and try to generate profit through that.

Russell Kanning

I like to deal with silver by weight.
We can each ... or you guys could as a group .... buy and sell with a small spread (say half of a coin dealer) to make it worth your time. :)

Dave Ridley

Ron Helwig

BTW, if anyone knows how to contact Celeste, we have something of hers that was left at the house.

Dave Ridley

the liberty dollar issue discussion, and the idea of a new private currency, went on for hours and hours at the manch thanksgiving meeting.

Dan

My silver currency is so private, I won't tell you what it has on their face, except "1 troy ounce" and ".999"

But that only influences and re-affirms the sound monetary values of one individual: me.

Having a higher face value is the smart way to go.  But it only works promotionally, once someone is introduced to the concept it isn't long before they realize that they can get more for less at the local pawn shop.

So it's a tough business model, yet a great educational model.  I'm sure this was brought up ten million times already.  :)