• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unincorporate town

Started by danhynes, June 25, 2005, 08:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

danhynes

Can someone please tell me what an unicroporated town is, or provide me a link to what describes it. I am trying to start a project to move people to a small area of NH and I would like to know how an unincorporated down would be better or worse than a town. Thanks.

danhynes

Basically, I would like to know, how one can buy an unicporate place, such as Cutts grant, and once it is bought what are the requirements to make it a town.

AlanM

Dan,
I believe all of the unincorporated towns are either in the National forest, or are owned by paper companies.
Why not just move to a small town, preferably one with no zoning.

Michael Fisher

Small towns:

Town - Population

Windsor - 119
Orange - 250
Benton - 315
Landaff - 374
Easton - 276
Dorchester - 352
Lyman - 500
Marlow - 774 (near Keene)
Langdon - 620 (near Keene)
Clarksville - 292 (near Quebec)
Croydon - 702
Goshen - 785 (HIGH TAXES!!!  :o)

tracysaboe

mikefam

And Deering  pop @1900  we have zoning but no school buildings or police station. also I know small towns like windsor ( 2 towns over) are tough to get into due to lack of real estate coming to market

bailey228

I lived in an unincorporated town while I was growing up, it was great, we (well my parents) could vote in town elections, but for the most part no town laws applied to us. We could basically do what we wanted on our property. regular town cops can't ever say anything to you because were concidered outside of their jursidiction, only county (? mabye state)police could come to our house. Yet we were literally 5 min to the real "town". If you get the opportunity go for unincorporated. (although it may be a different situation in NH, I don't know)