• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Liberty Essay" contest for NH students

Started by Dave Ridley, November 29, 2007, 02:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan

Quote from: lildog on March 18, 2008, 03:19 PM NHFT
Anyone know if Tyler Stern (the kid who ran for state rep last year) entered?  This seems right up his alley and he'd qualify.  I'd be interested in seeing his entry.

Hey lildog:  Tyler doesn't come on here much anymore since the political section went away, so he never saw this thread.  I just told him about it.  April 1 was the deadline...has it been extended? 

Jacobus

QuoteHey lildog:  Tyler doesn't come on here much anymore since the political section went away, so he never saw this thread.  I just told him about it.  April 1 was the deadline...has it been extended?

Although I did not receive many entries, I will not extend the deadline.  I hope next year to get the word spread more, and maybe give better prizes.

From the website:

QuotePrize winners will be announced on June 1, 2008.

I've already judged the entries, so I might move that sooner if I can get the site updated.

Kat Kanning

Jan

Quote from: Jacobus on April 15, 2008, 09:47 AM NHFT
QuoteHey lildog:  Tyler doesn't come on here much anymore since the political section went away, so he never saw this thread.  I just told him about it.  April 1 was the deadline...has it been extended?

Although I did not receive many entries, I will not extend the deadline.  I hope next year to get the word spread more, and maybe give better prizes.

From the website:

QuotePrize winners will be announced on June 1, 2008.

I've already judged the entries, so I might move that sooner if I can get the site updated.

OK...understood. 

Dave Ridley

whew... glad you got some entries finally!

Jacobus

I've announced the winners of the 2008 contest and upgraded the website:

http://nhlibertyessay.com/

Due to the low number of entrants, I only gave one prize for each age category.  The top prize I gave was $150. 

If you missed the train this year or know someone who would have wanted to enter, please use the Subscribe page to sign up to get updates on future contests.  I hope next year to increase the prizes and get more essays. 

lildog

Those are great essays!

Do you have any problems with my reposting the winners (with links back to your site of course) on NH Insider?

If that's a problem I can simply write a story and direct people to your site to read the winners but that one for the under 17 group is really good and I'd like to get more attention brought to it.

Jacobus

I don't have a problem if you repost the essays.  Though I would appreciate if the link to nhlibertyessay.com appears before the essays, and maybe a plug that people can use the Subscribe page to get updates on future contests.

Thanks!