• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Areas that are light on Zoning?

Started by Gard, December 03, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Gard

Hi, all!

Hey, a potential NH resident called to ask me what areas in NH are lighter on zoning laws. He wants to be able to operate out of his home. I mentioned Grafton. Any other suggestions?

G!

Kat Kanning

LOL, are you trying to recruit freestaters to Grafton, Blackie? 

Russell Kanning

the government guys in the Hobbiton area have not passed any zoning things that I know of.

Russell Kanning

the thugs are everywhere...
there must be rotten zoning laws all over NH

John Edward Mercier

Come to Belmont the home of stupidity. An ordinance was passed a few years back that limited livestock on premises with minimum lot sizes of three acres. So I can have two dozen pit bulls... but one chicken and a squawking neighbor and I'm up to my armpits in red tape.

Currently they're working on a aquifer protection ordinance, I sat in opposition as it would infringe property rights. The argument of the sponsor against me was that my property doesn't sit over the aquifer... neither does his. It failed... but I'm sure it will 'Phoenix' somehow.

Lloyd Danforth

JEM!  Move to Grafton. Its not that far from where you are now.

John Edward Mercier

Give up my liberty to live where I choose in the face of such minor opponents? ;D

Ordinances are usually supported by people that expect a property value increase to result. Once it does they get a tax bill, then immediately start voting against any expenditure increases. Watching people build their own cage is the only part of the political process I truly enjoy.