• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm sorry!!!

Started by FTL_Ian, January 09, 2008, 11:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I accidentally removed the old Social Sundays thread!  By the time I realized what button I clicked, it was too late!   :-[ :-[ :-[

FTL_Ian

I'm trying to recover from my cache, what messages I can:

QuoteQuote from: Facilitator to the Icon on Yesterday at 09:56 PM
I would like to recommend that the Monadnock Porc meeting be reestablished on the second Sunday of every month.

My reasons are thus:
A significant meeting is important to the introduction of new members to the largest number of current members.
A weekly meeting draws a few constant members but the weekly meeting dilutes the importants and the significance of each meeting and therefore the things that happen at those meetings.

Please don't take any of what I say as discouraging you from restarting the monthly meetings.  I think you should do it.

My purpose in posting this is to simply inform as to our reasons for going weekly.

Monthly meeting attendance was dwindling and many attendees were not particularly good at remembering which Sunday the meeting was and at what time it was held.  (This may have had to do with the fact that there were two monthly meetings, occurring at different times of day.)

Since switching to a weekly format, attendance has increased and is consistent.

QuoteQuote
The weekly meeting in Keene serves a different purpose and is difficult to attend regularly for people who do not live in Keene.

Agreed.  Will you guys add your event to the calendar once you have finalized the details?  http://calendar.freekeene.com

FTL_Ian

QuoteQuote from: Tom Sawyer on Yesterday at 10:52 PM
The noon start time worked out better also. If someone travels far, they still have time to get home at a reasonable hour.

I think you should have your event at noon, that way people can still attend Social Sundays at 3 p.m.  Understand, however, that a noon start time will likely exclude churchgoers and those who like to sleep in.

QuoteQuote

Yes it did, it has become the FreeKeene meeting.

Not really.  The FreeKeene meetings and the Meet and Greet were both terminated when Social Sundays was created.  The original FreeKeene meetings were far more structured, and now these are just social events.  If you ever see the word FreeKeene anywhere near Social Sundays, (as in FreeKeene's Social Sundays) it's likely just because I'm a shameless self promoter.   icon_pirat

QuoteQuote
Which it's nice to have FreeKeene meetings, just not as a replacement for the the Monadnock Meeting. I was initially interested in the FreeKeene effort, however have cooled on it as it is a political platform, I had hoped it would be more of a cultural thing with politics secondary to that.

Additionally, I'm not sure how you got the impression FreeKeene is political.  It is nothing more than a blog promoting liberty and encouraging activists of all stripes to move here.

FTL_Ian

QuoteQuote from: Tom Sawyer on Yesterday at 05:50 PM
Thanks for the history lesson...  Grin  I was there.  Wink

I know you were, but many of the people reading this thread were not.   Wink

FTL_Ian

John wrote:

QuoteQuote from: Facilitator to the Icon on Yesterday at 09:56 PM
The weekly meeting in Keene serves a different purpose and is difficult to attend regularly for people who do not live in Keene.

Yet for a guy who has an occational - sometimes quite random - Sunday night off, it is sure nice to be able to say, "Today seems like a very nice day to go west . . ."  Cool

FTL_Ian

Srqrebel wrote:
QuoteQuote from: Tom Sawyer on Yesterday at 10:52 PM
As to Porc Manor... it's name will be changing to the Underground Railroad Station or some such as the Manchester house liked the name so much they took it themselves.  Grin

That's a cool name for it Smiley Cool

FTL_Ian

Kat wrote:

QuoteColony mill and porc manor both sound like good places  Cheesy

John

A saying I got from my Dad: "If that's the worst thing that happens today, we'll be in pretty good shape."

Something my dad wouldn't say: "Shit happens."

Puke

Conspiracy!!

Just kidding, the Colony Mill could be a good place. I've never been there, so I'll take ya'll's word for it.

Kat Kanning

There's a big bookstore upstairs  :love4: :read:

Beth221

out of horse shit, comes flowers!
OR
out of cow shit, comes mushrooms- that is my personal favorite one. 

Puke

Quote from: Beth221 on January 09, 2008, 07:53 PM NHFT
out of horse shit, comes flowers!
OR
out of cow shit, comes mushrooms- that is my personal favorite one. 

As well as flies and a sulfurous stench. Good times.

Tom Sawyer

I'm hoping that this wasn't a memory hole event.

srqrebel

Okay, we forgive you Ian (I think) :D...

Motion to rename this thread "Monadnock Events", "New Social Sundays", or somesuch... just a thought :dontknow: :icon_biggrin:

Tom (co-owner of Ceilidh House, Free Stater) showed up here at the coffee shop yesterday.  He told me they had to seriously cut staff and hours of operation due to financial strains.  He expressed regret for not notifying us (he was the one who brought it up), citing the suddenness of the change.

So, is the Colony Mill food court a go for the 3PM Social Sundays event?

Unfortunately, I will be working an overtime shift this Sunday, and won't be there.

srqrebel

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 09, 2008, 06:12 PM NHFT
There's a big bookstore upstairs  :love4: :read:

...in case our captive neophytes get bored?  ;D

Toadstools is a super cool bookstore!