• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH woman makes movie rebutting "supersize me"

Started by Dave Ridley, June 29, 2005, 09:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

A lady from NH made a pro-personal-responsibility flick in response to that stupid michael more style film where the guy was apparently trying to build support for regulating mcdonalds.    She eats at mcdonalds for 30 days and loses 14 pounds.   It was on Fox 25 news in boston today.

The rebuttal movie is called me and mickey d though i may  have misspelled it...we need to recruit this lady and team up with her!  The things she said on the news were very libertarian!

Lots of stuff happening in NH all by itself! 

Pat K

I myself hate Micky Dssss  but I always thought that  guy was full of crap.

Were a tough bunch of omni vores that can survive in harsh conditions on what ever food is available and a month of fast food will wreck us? Please

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on June 30, 2005, 01:11 AM NHFT
I myself hate Micky Dssss  but I always thought that  guy was full of crap.

He's got something new coming out on FX, about living with Muslims. I'd tell you more details, but that's all I know, since that's all that has been implanted in my brain in the short time it takes me to hit the 30-second skip on my tivo remote.

Kevin

JonM

He has a show called 30 days, where he takes some concept and runs with it for 30 days.  So 30 days as a Christian living among "typical" Muslims, not the radical ones that make for "good" tv.  30 days trying to live off the minimum wage, etc.

Dave Ridley

We need to hook up with this lady!  Maybe she would like support for a new film or new subject matter? 

New Documentary Of McDonalds-Only Diet Released
Filmaker Says She Lost 18 Pounds Eating Under Golden Arches

POSTED: 2:03 pm EST February 25, 2005
UPDATED: 5:00 pm EST February 25, 2005

BOSTON -- On Sunday night, Hollywood honors the best in film at the Oscars. Among the nominees for best documentary is "Supersize Me." The film follows one man's month-long McDonalds-only diet that led to extreme weight gain and illness.

SURVEY
Do you think you could lose weight on a McDonalds-only diet?
Yes
No
Not sure.

Results | Disclaimer

NewsCenter 5's Mary Saladna reported Friday that New Hampshire filmmaker Soso Waley is protesting the nomination with a documentary of her own dining experience under the golden arches.

Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock's transformation from excellent health to horrific malaise after eating nothing but McDonalds for a month is both funny and frightening. He gained 25 pounds and his organs started failing.

But Waley says that "Supersize Me" is one-sided and a big fat fraud. Her film "Me and Mickey Dee" takes on the food police.

While lunching, Waley explained that for the documentary, she ate nothing but McDonalds for two months, and she lost 18 pounds.

"I had to eat everything at least once from the single menu items," she said.

The difference, she says, was that Spurlock gorged.

"Spurlock was getting value meals. He had to super size it if they asked him if he wanted to," she said. "He manipulated the whole thing. He ate a lot of food in order to gain weight to show a certain result. I ate healthy, and I had no problems."

No problems because she added some ingredients: self-discipline, common sense and moderate exercise.

"It's a matter of how much you're eating, not the food itself. I have a hamburger one day, and a piece of chicken the next," Waley said.

On Oscar night, Waley will be watching, diet Coke in hand, hoping "Supersize Me" gets its just desserts and loses.