• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Very Sad, Cautionary Tale

Started by Riddler, January 15, 2008, 06:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddler

For those of you new to snow country & a simple reminder to the rest of us that are, at times, complacent when it comes to machinery:
A 12 year old Milford girl passed away yesterday, after a  tragic Dec. 20th snowblower accident. She had been in a coma since then, and finally succumbed to her injuries. The parents are customers of mine, as well as having known mother's family for many years.
I can't begin to imagine losing a child, especially when you were somewhat responsible (one of the parents was running the snowblower, and the girl slipped off/over the railing on the deck, falling in front of the snoblo; her hood or scarf got pulled into the machine, & she had no oxygen for upwards of 10 min.). Even with all the safety-related shut-off devices that ALL new snowblowers come with, it only takes a second.
We never let our little guy (5 yrs old) out of the house until I'm done w/ the machine; You never can be too careful; People stick their hands into these things to clear snow & ice clogs all the time; or walk around the front w/ the auger engaged...& there are emergency logs to prove it....
Be CAREFUL out there.....................................

Kat Kanning

David

Raineyrocks

I read the story and it's horrible.  What the family must be going through is unimaginable.  :'(

Where I used to live this guy didn't know his 2 year old son was outside and he backed up his pickup truck and ran his son over.  He was so racked with guilt.  It taught me to check always and make sure the kids are no where near my van when I back up, now if they are in front of the van that's their problem.  Only kidding of course!

Well I'm not going to look for Rick on Craigslist anymore for a snowblower for Rick because he's really not cautious when he does anything, it makes me very nervous. ::)