• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Paintball anyone?

Started by anthonybpugh, January 22, 2008, 02:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Soce

Quote from: MaineShark on January 29, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Defender of Liberty on January 24, 2008, 10:46 PM NHFTBack when I first got a semiauto paintball gun, I used the spray and pray method.  Within a year I had transitioned to the wait-until-they're-close-enough-to-get-them-with-one-shot method.  It's a lot cheaper when you can play all day with 50 balls instead of going through hundreds per game.  I also got shot less when I waited until I had a clear shot.  Paintball is the most fun in dense woods with a lot of brush, fallen trees, winding streams and other varied terrain.

I played with some competitive (ie, travel around the country to tournaments) paintballers.  They were annoyed that I didn't let loose "ropes" of paint with the super-high-speed, tricked-out marker they had let me borrow.  They'd go onto the field with several hundred paintballs for each match, and this was speedball, so only a few minutes per match.  I only once ran the hopper (20 rounds, IIRC) dry, and that's because I spent the whole match toying with one guy.  I kept nailing the barricade in front of him on very steady two-second intervals.  Just when I figured he was getting comfortable and was about to pop up, I'd let loose a couple rounds completely out of sequence.  That was amusing :)

Joe

Speedball sucks!

Keyser Soce

Quote from: zaphar on January 29, 2008, 11:10 PM NHFT
I'd be up for it, I bought a paintball gun about 4 years ago and haven't had many opportunities to use it. I might be able to find some other people too, the more the merrier.

Bring'em on.

Keyser Soce

Ok, so a week day was a worse idea than I had originally thought. We're going to do this again Sat 6th in conjunction with other activities.

leetninja

dang it i let my friend borrow both of my markers and sold the third.  im gunna try and get them back.  man oh man i love paintball. 

anthonybpugh

Quote from: Keyser Soce on June 01, 2009, 08:56 PM NHFT
Ok, so a week day was a worse idea than I had originally thought. We're going to do this again Sat 6th in conjunction with other activities.

What time and where?  I can help get the word out. 

Keyser Soce

Quote from: anthonybpugh on June 02, 2009, 01:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Keyser Soce on June 01, 2009, 08:56 PM NHFT

What time and where?  I can help get the word out. 

PM sent.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: zaphar on June 08, 2009, 11:34 AM NHFT
I need to get a new mask, my old one fogged up too much. After I do this, I'll be able to drive out.
There are liquids that can be used to reduce fogging in masks.  Of course, good ventilation helps a lot too.

thinkliberty

Quote from: zaphar on June 08, 2009, 11:34 AM NHFT
I need to get a new mask, my old one fogged up too much. After I do this, I'll be able to drive out.

Try using some rainx wipes (you can get them for a few dollars at autozone) It will keep your mask from fogging up

Keyser Soce

We only had two short games but they were fun. Hope to see more of you next time.