• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Free Press - anyone feel like proofreading?

Started by Kat Kanning, January 27, 2008, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I don't have Russell to help proofread this time.  I haven't really even gone over this yet, except I noticed the picture/article on the backpage needs rearranging.  If you'd like to look it over, here's the first issue of the New Hampshire Free Press :)

http://nhunderground.com/kfp020108.pdf

Kat Kanning

Oh, if it looks crazy in your browser, save it to disk and just open with pdf reader.

Ron Helwig

In the "We want your letters" section, it should probably have the paper's name updated there, just above the editor line.

Are you keeping the address in Keene?

TackleTheWorld

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Articles from both Harry Browne and Marc Stevens - hallmarks of a quality issue!

FTL_Ian

What were you planning on using for a domain name for the paper?

NHFREEPRESS.COM is taken, but doesn't seem to be in active use.  Perhaps the owner would be willing to sell:

QuoteRegistrant:
New Hampshire Free Press
230 Beech Pond Road
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
US

Domain name: NHFREEPRESS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Shea, Preston  darkshadow1@metrocast.net
    230 Beech Pond Road
    Wolfeboro, NH 03894
    US

Or, if you'd like I can set up a subdomain of your choosing, like press.NHFree.com

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 27, 2008, 04:23 PM NHFT
I don't have Russell to help proofread this time.

Did you lose him somewhere along the trip?

David

Quote from: KBCraig on January 28, 2008, 12:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 27, 2008, 04:23 PM NHFT
I don't have Russell to help proofread this time.

Did you lose him somewhere along the trip?

He's so thin, he prolly got caught up in a texas tumbleweed and blew away.   ;D

Kat Kanning

Not permanently :)  He's off doing stuff for his dad.  I get him back tomorrow, but I'll probably send the paper to the printers before then.

Kat Kanning

Putting edited version up here:

http://nhunderground.com/kfp020108.pdf

Kat Kanning

I've been wondering if I'll have money to do another issue after this.  I can't see trying to buy a domain off someone.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 28, 2008, 04:07 PM NHFT
I've been wondering if I'll have money to do another issue after this.  I can't see trying to buy a domain off someone.

Perhaps instead of buying it, you could ask him if he'd be willing to redirect the / URL to your newspaper's site, like how nhfree.com works. There doesn't seem to be much at the site now except a directory index.