• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

20 Ways to Find, Sustain, and Share Happiness

Started by Raineyrocks, February 14, 2008, 11:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

20 Ways to Find, Sustain and Share Happiness

Carol Tuttleby Carol Tuttle

Carol Tuttle is a Master Energy Therapist and the author of the best-selling book, Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century.

Happiness is a choice. The more happiness you choose, the more life presents you with experiences to feel happy about. If you are feeling blue or even downright depressed, you must make the decision to "get happy."

HappyThe following tips can help you; however, if you are seriously depressed, get some professional help. There are many new cutting-edge energy therapies that clear away negative emotions and negative thinking.

Find a professional who is more interested in giving you tools and guidance in generating more happiness than in trying to figure out why you feel the way you do. It is not necessary to find out why we feel sad or depressed to clear these feelings.

The bottom line is, if we give a lot of attention to what we don't want, we create more of it. To learn more about emotional release therapies that are designed to work with the mind/body energy system, including thoughts and feelings, go to my website.

1.  Choose to be happy rather than right.

2.  Repeat aloud: "It doesn't matter."

3.  Pay it forward.  For every kind deed offered to you, do a kind deed for someone else.

4.  Write thank-you notes frequently.  The energy of gratitude feeds happiness.

5.  Smile—even if you don't feel like it.  You eventually will!

6.  "Tap-out" your sad feelings.  Using your fingertips, tap all over the top of your head while repeating: "I am free of this sadness. I am now feeling happy."  Tapping on the nerve endings on the top of your head will start to lift this heavy, sad energy.

7.  When you think a complimentary thought about someone—tell them.

8.  Refrain from making judgments—think something positive instead.

9.  Whistle.

10.  Skip around your house.

11.  Turn on your favorite upbeat song and sing along.

12.  Ask your angels to flow to you the energy of happiness.

13.  Patch your right eye if you are thinking negative thoughts.  When you put an eye patch on your right eye, you quiet the left brain and its negative chatter.

14.  Hug someone—tightly.

15.  Ask your children to tuck you in bed and read you a story for a change.

16.  Stay in the present.  Let the future be just that: the future.

17. Hold a newborn baby and welcome them into the world.

18. Give some service to someone who is more needy than you.

19. Exercise regularly.

20. Pray and meditate.

And, just because I like to give a little extra, because it makes me happy,

21. Love yourself and make the choice to "BE HAPPY."

kola

Quote2.  Repeat aloud: "It doesn't matter."

I have to disagree with this. Its not specific enough, If you walk around saying everything doesn't matter you will be in deep shit.

Quote13.  Patch your right eye if you are thinking negative thoughts.  When you put an eye patch on your right eye, you quiet the left brain and its negative chatter.

I found this one interesting. The know a bit about the right/left brain neuro functions but never heard this one. It would be cool to try it out but explaining it to other folks would be a challenge. LOL. Interesting tho'!  ;) 

I liked the other ones.

Kola

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on February 14, 2008, 11:38 AM NHFT

I have to disagree with this. Its not specific enough, If you walk around saying everything doesn't matter you will be in deep shit.

Quote13.  Patch your right eye if you are thinking negative thoughts.  When you put an eye patch on your right eye, you quiet the left brain and its negative chatter.

I found this one interesting. The know a bit about the right/left brain neuro functions but never heard this one. It would be cool to try it out but explaining it to other folks would be a challenge. LOL. Interesting tho'!  ;) 

I liked the other ones.

Kola

Some of the stuff was corny but I guess if somebody can get at least a couple of good suggestions, that's cool then. :-\

I think the eye patch stuff is bull because for years I had to wear a patch on my right eye to strengthen my lazy left eye and it never stopped negative chatter. :-\

Raineyrocks

I should have added this to the end of my last post.  As long as I could hear with my ears, (of course), I didn't stand a chance of quieting chatter with my mom around! ::) :)

error

Quote from: raineyrocks on February 14, 2008, 06:18 PM NHFT
I think the eye patch stuff is bull because for years I had to wear a patch on my right eye to strengthen my lazy left eye and it never stopped negative chatter. :-\

Your chatter comes from your right brain. So patch your left eye. :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on February 15, 2008, 03:02 AM NHFT

Your chatter comes from your right brain. So patch your left eye. :)

Oh, thanks!  Left, right, it's so confusing some times! ;D

kola

I just patched both eyes.  8)

I will let you know how it goes tomoorrow.  ^-^

Kola

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 08:04 PM NHFT

Kola

Hi Kola!

How did it go?  Did you patch both eyes at the same time?   :)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: kola on February 14, 2008, 11:38 AM NHFT

I liked the other ones.

Kola

Some of the stuff was corny but I guess if somebody can get at least a couple of good suggestions, that's cool then. :-\

Each eye is split in half, each going to the opposite side of the visual cortex- left sides of both eyes to the right side of the cortex and right sides of both eyes going to the left side of the cortex.

kola

Quote from: raineyrocks on February 17, 2008, 09:23 PM NHFT

Kola

Hi Kola!

i patc hed both

I feell off ah clifff..

out off hospithal todey

c an ba rely tyupe thus meassage..do knot tr y thiese yoursellf.

k ola

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on February 19, 2008, 04:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on February 17, 2008, 09:23 PM NHFT

Kola

Hi Kola!

i patc hed both

I feell off ah clifff..

out off hospithal todey

c an ba rely tyupe thus meassage..do knot tr y thiese yoursellf.

k ola

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: