• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Norway and it's underground tunnel system, what's your opinion on this video?

Started by Raineyrocks, March 03, 2008, 12:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

dalebert

I have no patience for videos that scroll text slowly down the screen while playing music. If that's all a video is, just write it so I can read it at my own pace. Geez.

Nothing on you, Rainey. Just hate videos like that.

"Here's something I want you to take some of your personal time to read, and I want you to spend a lot longer than necessary reading it." Ugh.

That said, anyone care to give a really quick summation of what it's about?

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on March 03, 2008, 05:47 PM NHFT

It seemed to be some rambling about Norway making secret bunkers for some kind of apocalypse.
There is a film by Roland Emmerich coming out soon called 2012.
I wonder if this is viral marketing?

Raineyrocks

I have no patience for videos that scroll text slowly down the screen while playing music. If that's all a video is, just write it so I can read it at my own pace. Geez.

Nothing on you, Rainey. Just hate videos like that.

"Here's something I want you to take some of your personal time to read, and I want you to spend a lot longer than necessary reading it." Ugh.

I know what you mean Dalebert, that was annoying to me too, it seemed like they wanted a more "dramatic" effect.  I thought I posted the actual article but I couldn't find it so I don't know if there is a written version. 

My first thought was sure lets find a cave and start storing cans of food for at least 5 years, that would be so easy. ::)  Then I thought if this has to do with Planet X crashing into the earth, (I don't know why I thought that but I know there was a reason), what good is a cave going to do anybody and why the 5 year wait?  So I don't know I just thought it was kind of interesting.

There is this book I want to buy called Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide
by Jacco van der Worp , it looks interesting.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Puke on March 03, 2008, 02:58 PM NHFT
My skepto-meter is pegged out.

Feeling worn down? :)  There is so much stuff on the internet I understand completely! :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Scott Roth on March 03, 2008, 06:00 PM NHFT
The Mayan Calendar of 2012?

I don't know, the video is kind of elusive but I do know for sure there is a seed bank in Norway and lots of strange things going on in remote places.  I'm not totally convinced about the Mayan Calendar information.  I think people are just going to screw up the world in so many different ways that a cleansing of some sort will probably happen. :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Puke on March 03, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT

It seemed to be some rambling about Norway making secret bunkers for some kind of apocalypse.
There is a film by Roland Emmerich coming out soon called 2012.
I wonder if this is viral marketing?

I think I saw previews for that movie, it looks pretty good.  What is viral marketing? :)

ReverendRyan

OK, the 2012 doomsday theory (as opposed to the 2001, 200, 1999, 1972, 1900, 1866, 1483, 1000, and other doomsday theories) starts with the ancient Mayan long count calendar ending on that day.

Now I ask you, does the world end every year at 00:00:01 on January 1st? No. Only the calendar does. You get a new calendar.

Winter solstice, 2012 will mark the end of the calendar. For the 12th time. It happens every 144,000 days. 2012 begins the 13th baktun, or long year, on that calendar.

Just as January follows December and 2008 followed 2007 on our calendar, 12.19.19.17.19 will be followed by 13.0.0.0.0 on theirs.

Crisis averted.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ReverendRyan on March 03, 2008, 08:04 PM NHFT
OK, the 2012 doomsday theory (as opposed to the 2001, 200, 1999, 1972, 1900, 1866, 1483, 1000, and other doomsday theories) starts with the ancient Mayan long count calendar ending on that day.

Now I ask you, does the world end every year at 00:00:01 on January 1st? No. Only the calendar does. You get a new calendar.

Winter solstice, 2012 will mark the end of the calendar. For the 12th time. It happens every 144,000 days. 2012 begins the 13th baktun, or long year, on that calendar.

Just as January follows December and 2008 followed 2007 on our calendar, 12.19.19.17.19 will be followed by 13.0.0.0.0 on theirs.

Crisis averted.

Huh?  I'm sorry but I am so confused can you please put that in simpler terms? :)  Also I'm horrible at math but I'm so confused I can't figure out if I'm confused because of the math or something else.  Is this a math "thing"?  If it is I'll never be able to understand it. :-\

ReverendRyan

No, it's simple. When the calendar hanging up in your kitchen ends, you get a new one, start a new year. Same thing with the Mayan calendar. It ends in 2012, but that just means a new year is starting.

Their "years" are approximately 395 years on our calendar. So the last time this happened was in the early 17th century, before the Mayan calendar was understood. So no fuss about it then.

Baktun 12 started in 1617. Baktun 13 starts in 2012. Baktun 14 starts in 2407.

Really don't know how else I can put it.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 03, 2008, 07:47 PM NHFT

Feeling worn down? :)  There is so much stuff on the internet I understand completely! :)

Yeah....I know what you mean.  Theres this crazy woman who keeps posting the craziest stuff on the forums I frequent........................oh, Never Mind! :blush:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Scott Roth on March 03, 2008, 08:15 PM NHFT
This might explain it better.
www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

Thanks Scott! :)  It really had way too much math though  :BangHead:, but it did make me not really care anymore, so I guess that's good! :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ReverendRyan on March 03, 2008, 08:18 PM NHFT
No, it's simple. When the calendar hanging up in your kitchen ends, you get a new one, start a new year. Same thing with the Mayan calendar. It ends in 2012, but that just means a new year is starting.

Their "years" are approximately 395 years on our calendar. So the last time this happened was in the early 17th century, before the Mayan calendar was understood. So no fuss about it then.

Baktun 12 started in 1617. Baktun 13 starts in 2012. Baktun 14 starts in 2407.

Really don't know how else I can put it.

I don't think the Mayans had kitchens though. :biglaugh:  Only kidding!  Thanks for trying to explain it but why do a lot of people say the Mayan calendar predicts the end of the world?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 03, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on March 03, 2008, 07:47 PM NHFT

Yeah....I know what you mean.  Theres this crazy woman who keeps posting the craziest stuff on the forums I frequent........................oh, Never Mind! :blush:

:biglaugh: