• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Our own temp agency

Started by David, March 04, 2008, 02:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Since there is no labor ready, or any quite like it, I've been thinking of starting one.  Basically a day labor place. 
I may have to buy a list of light manufacturing places and assembly/warehouse from some marketing place that sells lists.  There is one near, and another that advertise here. 
If I do this I will need people in the area to work in the event I actually get more work than I alone can do. 
I've never actually started a business, and I tend to do a lot of thinking, moreso than doing.   :blush:

dalebert

I was thinking about something like this recently. I want to freelance my software development skills myself. I would love to bump heads with some others about having an office that people can work through as private contractors for whatever it is they want to do. I'm curious about what we can do in terms of giving the contractors as much control as they want. For instance, if they want, we could file forms on their behalf like a W2. Or maybe some would rather we didn't do that for them. Maybe we could have an office in the Merrimack Valley area, one in Keene, maybe one on the Seacoast eventually if there is a demand.

David

I was thinking a very loose, informal structure, just to have a name as though it were a company. 
Labor Ready hires anyone who walks in the door, then tries to find assignments for them as employees.  The clients of LR pay them for the use of LR's employees.  LR takes some off top and the remainder is their employees hourly wage. 
I was thinking my company could charge a small fee, then all monies collected from client go to pay the companies staff.  The staff would be higher paid.  I could set it up as each employee is an independent contractor of my company.  Then they are responsible for all legal self filing with the gov't they want to do. 
Each actual job or assignment could be only one day, or several weeks.  And of course it can easily lead to being hired on directly. 

ancapagency

I'm doing a bit of this already--with no gooferment paperwork or anything.

I haven't been actively marketing it, but I have some work for folks from time to time who prefer not to have to fill out forms and provide ID and SS Cards and so forth. 

Still working on the page, but check out http://ancapagency.com/ and click Labor Services on the menu bar across the top.