• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Blogging ManchVegas

Started by frisco, March 25, 2008, 08:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

frisco

I'm trying to launch a city blog for Manchester.  This is not a big, ambitious project like MFP, but rather just a simple blog site about life in Manchester. 

The most successful examples of this kind of thing are gothamist.com and blogging.la.  I think it can work on a smaller scale, too.  A few diverse authors posting on a regular basis is all we need to become an overnight sensation, relatively speaking.  The only "rules" are that all posts be directly about, or happenings in, the city of Manchester.  Nothing to it.

So I set up a wordpress site and I'm looking for authors.  Any takers?

Kat Kanning

d_goddard

Have you considered writing a quick LTE or Op-Ed in the Union Leader asking for bloggers?

Also, take out a classified in the Hippo Press, blogger-types are more likely to read Hippo anyway

Perilous

I'll be moving to Manchester in mid-April.  Blogging about it could be fun.  How do I sign up?

Rosie the Riveter

I'll be a manchvegas blogger...

alohamonkey

I could contribute.  Let me know

Beth221

can I blog from my dogs perspective?  She seems to be enjoying Manchvages, and the dogs she has met on the street!

ReverendRyan

frisco

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!  We have six people (and Beth's dog) already.  PMs are coming.

Denis, thanks for the suggestions - I'll probably see whether it grows organically for now though.

Beth221

Daisy is very excited, she has a lot to say about this city, and its smells.  Her tail is wagging.

frisco

Any of the graphic artists here interested in contributing a custom header graphic?  Maybe a Bee with a crown or something alongside the text.  904x160.

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Wow, you're a good artist, PatK  ;D  So lifelike...

Porcupine Realtor

Good idea, Morey.
There is already www.nhinsider.com.  Will it be similar to that, but with less politics and more Manchester-centric?

frisco

Quote from: Taxinator on March 27, 2008, 09:06 PM NHFT
Good idea, Morey.
There is already www.nhinsider.com.  Will it be similar to that, but with less politics and more Manchester-centric?

Kinda-sorta...  If nothing else, it will be more easily navigated.  And with no content, it's a piece of cake!

A general update: We're off to a modest start.  Hopefully the content will pick up in the near term.  A couple of us got stumped with tech support issues, and a couple others came down with stage fright or are just busy.