• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene area real estate.

Started by Pat K, March 26, 2008, 12:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Keene, 3 bed 1 bath, new kitchen, bath and dining room.
hardwood floors, ready to move in 1.9 acres at end of
dead end road.

Tax=3352 ( not bad for Keene)

price=139,900

mls#=2711478

Cant link direct to page. you can find it on a search here.
http://www.abouthomes.net/

House looks nice in pics, just thought I would post in case
some one is looking.

FTL_Ian

Atlas

I just can't freakin believe how expensive most of the properties/houses are in NH :o If you're not a lawyer, doctor, successful businessman or lottery winner--don't even bother. Talkin about CA prices... Now I know why Mark built his.

dalebert

What's with all these 1 bath houses? 3 bedrooms and one bath? Ugh.

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on March 26, 2008, 04:51 PM NHFT
What's with all these 1 bath houses? 3 bedrooms and one bath? Ugh.

They are older houses. You will find most houses built before the 80's
have one bath. Of course back then kids did not get to take an hour in the
shower.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Rebel on March 26, 2008, 03:40 PM NHFT
I just can't freakin believe how expensive most of the properties/houses are in NH :o If you're not a lawyer, doctor, successful businessman or lottery winner--don't even bother. Talkin about CA prices... Now I know why Mark built his.
I don't understand. Are you saying real estate prices are expensive in New Hampshire or in California? I live in California and I think most of the state is more expensive than most of the real estate I've looked at in New Hampshire. "Expensive" is relative: I'm not a lawyer, doctor, successful businessman, or lottery winner, and I don't think I'll have any problems easily affording property in New Hampshire.

Jitgos

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this too. Prices in NH are 2-3 times more than in Indiana. I could get a nice 2,000 sq ft, two story, brand new house here and for the same price I can only get a 1,200 sq ft, 20 year old mobile home in NH. A bit frustrating, but I'm making the move none the less.

Mike Barskey

Interesting. I guess it's my relativity that's off! :) and :(

I guess it works to my relative benefit: since I'm used to ridiculously high prices in California, it will be psychologically easier for me to afford things in New Hampshire.

dalebert

Quote from: jitgos on March 26, 2008, 11:42 PM NHFT
Yeah, I'm having trouble with this too. Prices in NH are 2-3 times more than in Indiana. I could get a nice 2,000 sq ft, two story, brand new house here and for the same price I can only get a 1,200 sq ft, 20 year old mobile home in NH. A bit frustrating, but I'm making the move none the less.

That sounds over-simplified. The prices here vary so much depending on where in NH you're talking about. A rural area will be pretty cheap. Keene prices are pretty reasonable but property tax is high. Right in Manchester is moderate where you'll have no yard, but go a little bit out of Manchester with a little bit more space and they go up noticeably. Go to Northern NH and it's crazy dirt cheap.

Jitgos

Quote from: dalebert on March 27, 2008, 07:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: jitgos on March 26, 2008, 11:42 PM NHFT

That sounds over-simplified. The prices here vary so much depending on where in NH you're talking about. A rural area will be pretty cheap. Keene prices are pretty reasonable but property tax is high. Right in Manchester is moderate where you'll have no yard, but go a little bit out of Manchester with a little bit more space and they go up noticeably. Go to Northern NH and it's crazy dirt cheap.

Yeah, you're right. I should say the areas I've been looking at are more expensive than I'm used to. However, the beangroup.com site is much better and comprehensive than others I've used and there seem to be some better deals on there.

Pat K

The above house has sold.
That was quick.