• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How's the Economy in Your Piece of NH?

Started by Sovereign Curtis, April 29, 2008, 05:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign Curtis

Hey everyone, Curtis here. I came up to NH for Operation Live Free or Die from Nov 11th to Jan 9th. I'd really like to move to NH and be part of the Free State Project.

Anyway, I live in coastal North Carolina, and the job market sucks balls right now (normal its bad, now its horrible), and I'm out of work, so I'm wondering what the overall health of the job market is in areas of NH. Specifically could I just pack up all my stuff and move to NH and expect to find reasonable work in a "short" amount of time, were I to move to where you live? Oh, my experience is in Sales, mainly door to door, one call close, cold call, warm call, etc. (not retail).

Anyway, I'm asking because I'm sitting here, trying to find work, telling myself I need to save up some money before I move to NH, but what I'm really doing is NOT finding work and hemorrhaging what little money (and credit) I have left. So, instead of slowly bleeding to death, would you advise I take the plunge and try my luck in NH?

Curtis

ReverendRyan

There's quite a bit of listings for outside sales right now. I know Comcast is looking for a few, $33k + comm. Check craigslist.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: The Right Reverend Doctor Pope Sir Ryan on April 29, 2008, 05:58 PM NHFT
There's quite a bit of listings for outside sales right now. I know Comcast is looking for a few, $33k + comm. Check craigslist.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely do that.
But tell me, how do you feel about the economy in your part of NH?
Confident you could get a job in two weeks if you lost your job today?

Russell Kanning

It depends on what you are willing to do. It seems like it is your attitude more than the conditions that determine your success. :)

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 29, 2008, 06:32 PM NHFT
It depends on what you are willing to do. It seems like it is your attitude more than the conditions that determine your success. :)

I'd really like to work for a good company, and not have to do anything I have to lose sleep over.

Really, I'd like to get out of sales and learn a trade.

J’raxis 270145

Sovereign Curtis

How come no-one is trying to talk me into moving to Keene?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Sovereign Curtis on April 30, 2008, 07:07 AM NHFT

Because nobody knows you well enough yet to know if you'd be a good Keeniac?

From Porc Manor:

• Keene is for anarchist types.
  • Manchester is for city folk who are local politicals.
  • Concord is for city folks who are state and local politicals.
  • Grafton is for hardy individualist types.
  • Seacoast is for freedom loving sunbathers and weather wimps.
  • The Pleasant Lake triangle (my term, representing the 107/4/43 highway triangle around Pleasant lake) of Deerfield, Epsom, and Northwood is for family types that want a rural lifestyle. Both anarchists and local politicos are welcome.

slim

If you are looking for a sales job in the tech sector I would suggest looking at PC Connection in Nashua. PC Connection is a fairly large company and from what I have been able to see they are normally looking for sales and consultants.

Puke

Keene has a lot of machinist jobs it seems.
There is retail/food jobs all over as well. Those jobs kind of suck.

Move to Keene if you like, I'm not into the persuasion business.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 30, 2008, 08:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Sovereign Curtis on April 30, 2008, 07:07 AM NHFT

Because nobody knows you well enough yet to know if you'd be a good Keeniac?

Quote from: Puke on April 30, 2008, 10:13 AM NHFT

Move to Keene if you like, I'm not into the persuasion business.

Sorry all, wasnt fishing for an invite, just kinda joking. I see people fishing for Keeniacs on here quite a bit, just figured when I finally posted my "hey I want to move to NH" topic I would get bombarded as well.

I'm not sure where I would be happiest. I am into activism and working within the system, but also have a healthy appetite for individualism and voluntarism.

slim

I'm sure if you move to Keene there will be free staters that will welcome you. I am just happy that anyone who understands the maximum role of government should be the protection of life, liberty, and property is moving in to the state. Because of the size of the state it is not really important where you are since people can get to almost any part of the state within hours.

Russell Kanning

so Ron ... only the "triangle" is open to many sorts of people?
I would think that the porc manor site could be a little bit less skewed to your town.
Keene is fine for many different kinds of people ... same with every area .... except Grafton .... that is for the elite liberty lovers :)

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 07, 2008, 08:42 PM NHFT
so Ron ... only the "triangle" is open to many sorts of people?
I would think that the porc manor site could be a little bit less skewed to your town.
Keene is fine for many different kinds of people ... same with every area .... except Grafton .... that is for the elite liberty lovers :)

Just trying to be helpful.  ;)

I do suck at writing, so any help (on any of my sites) is very much appreciated.

Frakkin ironic that a guy that always hated writing in school is now making his living doing just that.

David

God, or the Amphibious Rotini Monster, has a sense of humor doesn't He/She/It.