• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Milford

Started by Friday, May 26, 2008, 02:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Are there currently any Free Staters in Milford?  I'm considering buying a house there.  It's 60 minutes from Keene, 30 minutes from Manchester, and 20 minutes from my job (with no E-Z Pass scanners en route).  Milford is almost as cute as Keene, but without all the college girls (which not all of us consider to be a positive  :P ).  Just curious if anyone knows anyone there and/or might be interested in living there if I were to offer rooms for rent.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

lots of cops ... and not nice ones

the town seems nice though

David

Quote from: Pat K on May 26, 2008, 03:44 PM NHFT
They must know your coming.  ;D

http://police.milfordnh.info/Gang_Fourm_notice.htm

Quote from the blue light gangs website<The Department of Justice definition of a gang is as follows: a group or association of three or more persons who may have a common identifying sign, symbol, or name and who individually or collectively engage in, or have engaged in, criminal activity which creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. >

It does appear to be a nice little town, right off of 101 also. 

Porcupine Realtor

Milford's a good location, and I suspect that you'll be successful in quickly renting out rooms.  It's close to Nashua and Manchester, and not a bad commute to parts of Mass.

When you have purchased and are in escrow, post the details on www.PorcManor.com to advertise for rommates.

Good luck,

Mark Warden
Porcupine Realtor

Russell Kanning

some of us can do fixit jobs for you when needed too :)

Ron Helwig

Quote from: David on May 26, 2008, 06:20 PM NHFT
Quote from the blue light gangs website<The Department of Justice definition of a gang is as follows: a group or association of three or more persons who may have a common identifying sign, symbol, or name and who individually or collectively engage in, or have engaged in, criminal activity which creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. >

That last part means it doesn't apply to us  ;D

Friday

Oh crap.  Maybe househunting with spiked hair and a Capitalist Pig T-shirt was a bad idea.  Word travels fast in small towns.  At least I wasn't open-carrying.  :icon_pirat:

It's possible that notice relates to biker gangs?  There was a diner right on the "oval" that was clearly a biker hangout, judging by the crazy number of motorcycles parked in front of it. I dunno.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Hmmmm what would scare me more?
A room full of crazed Bikers or the
Berserker Babe in a bad mood?

I have to go with option 2. ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on May 26, 2008, 02:45 PM NHFT
Milford is almost as cute as Keene, but without all the college girls

But more MILFs?

MickAv8r

Milford is a decent town.  I lived there for a few years on Union Street (south of the Oval).  Police are gun friendly.  Some of the apartment complexes on the east end of 101A have residents that umm attract the attention of law enforcement, but the majority of the town is peaceful and I wouldn't hesitate to live there other than the drive to Nashua can be a pain, especially during peak traffic hours on 101A.

It's Spring/Summer, bikes are everywhere.  There has always been the "biker gang" association with Milford, but I never noticed them when I lived there.  I'd be more concerned with the current concern of youth gangs that appears to  be an issue http://tinyurl.com/6c33hr now.  A gas station in town was robbed at knifepoint on Saturday afternoon.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Friday on May 27, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT

Oh crap.  Maybe househunting with spiked hair and a Capitalist Pig T-shirt was a bad idea.  Word travels fast in small towns.  At least I wasn't open-carrying.  :icon_pirat:

It's possible that notice relates to biker gangs?  There was a diner right on the "oval" that was clearly a biker hangout, judging by the crazy number of motorcycles parked in front of it. I dunno.

The local bike gang is "Miford & Co." and I bet they were eating at Pam's "the River House" on the Oval.

Mori Books new store is on South Street - he has changed the name to "Just Read Books" - he has space for small meetings and is freedom-friendly.

Q: What do they call adolescents that hang out on the Milford Oval?

A: Oval-teens