• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Crazy Horse

Started by Atlas, June 03, 2008, 03:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlas

http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/02-06-2008/105411-crazy_horse-0. This is an English version of a Russian newspaper. The article kind of ho-hums about the fact that the monument isn't done yet. But, the last paragraph on the 1st page is what moved me to post it over and above the fact that CH was a legendary Lakota (I think they're trying to secede) warrior.

"Seven of the Ziolkowski's 10 children and several grandchildren work at the memorial, which draws more than a million visitors to the southern Black Hills annually. It brings in millions of dollars every year, mainly through admission fees. The family has held to Korczak's admonition to refuse government help and instead rely on private enterprise."

kola

the entire story(in even more detail) is very cool.

i am surprsied no one commented on this.

ziolkowski was a great man and a rebel, fell in love with NA Indian ways and never sold out to the feds.

kola