• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Franconia cop killer's shooter must hand in firearms

Started by Pat McCotter, June 28, 2008, 04:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Cop killer's shooter must hand in firearms
Floyd faces charges that he hit officers

A judge has ordered Gregory Floyd, the Easton man who killed a police officer's killer in northern New Hampshire, to turn in all firearms, dangerous weapons, destructive devices and ammunition.

Floyd was released from jail as he awaits trial for a courthouse outburst, but Assistant Grafton County Attorney James Vara asked the court Thursday to impose conditions on Floyd's release.

Grafton County Superior Judge Timothy Vaughn rejected Vara's request to set bail at $20,000 cash instead of $80,000 personal recognizance. But Vaughn agreed that Floyd should make arrangements for the sheriff to take custody of any weapons until criminal cases against him are resolved. Floyd has 48 hours to comply.

"We're working with his attorney to make arrangements to pick up any firearms," Grafton County Sheriff Douglas Dutile said yesterday. "We don't anticipate any problems."

Floyd is accused of threatening and punching officers and resisting arrest after being convicted in April of charges that resulted from threats he made to a neighbor.

He was held in jail for two months before being released on bail.

Floyd captured the national spotlight after shooting and killing Liko Kenney, the man who killed Franconia Police Cpl. Bruce McKay during a traffic stop in May 2007. Floyd was a bystander who witnessed the killing and took up McKay's gun. Floyd was cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on June 28, 2008, 04:17 AM NHFT
Cop killer's shooter must hand in firearms
Floyd faces charges that he hit officers

A judge has ordered Gregory Floyd, the Easton man who killed a police officer's killer in northern New Hampshire, to turn in all firearms, dangerous weapons, destructive devices and ammunition.

Floyd was released from jail as he awaits trial for a courthouse outburst, but Assistant Grafton County Attorney James Vara asked the court Thursday to impose conditions on Floyd's release.

Grafton County Superior Judge Timothy Vaughn rejected Vara's request to set bail at $20,000 cash instead of $80,000 personal recognizance. But Vaughn agreed that Floyd should make arrangements for the sheriff to take custody of any weapons until criminal cases against him are resolved. Floyd has 48 hours to comply.

"We're working with his attorney to make arrangements to pick up any firearms," Grafton County Sheriff Douglas Dutile said yesterday. "We don't anticipate any problems."

Floyd is accused of threatening and punching officers and resisting arrest after being convicted in April of charges that resulted from threats he made to a neighbor.

He was held in jail for two months before being released on bail.

Floyd captured the national spotlight after shooting and killing Liko Kenney, the man who killed Franconia Police Cpl. Bruce McKay during a traffic stop in May 2007. Floyd was a bystander who witnessed the killing and took up McKay's gun. Floyd was cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting.

Wow, that's a strange twist to the story.

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on June 29, 2008, 12:53 PM NHFT

All the stories I've read paint Floyd as a pretty violent guy. It's not so strange given his history.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on June 29, 2008, 01:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on June 29, 2008, 12:53 PM NHFT

All the stories I've read paint Floyd as a pretty violent guy. It's not so strange given his history.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks!

AntonLee

I'm surprised this guy isn't a cop he seems to have all the makings of one.

freeborn

Quote from: AntonLee on July 13, 2008, 03:02 AM NHFT

My feeling exactly. He seems to have a God complex like many cops.

bouncer

Yeah he got into an incident  on a dirt road only wide enough for one vehicle the female driver who wouldn't give way and he wouldn't either . he threatened her at gunpoint allegedly can't find a link to the story though

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AntonLee on July 13, 2008, 03:02 AM NHFT

He probably tried to become one and let the cat out of the bag during the interview