• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outdoor/emergency cooking systems

Started by Pat McCotter, July 04, 2008, 02:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

This is awesome! And it's made here in NH!
(No, I don't make money from them!)

Jetboil of Manchester
"Cook what you want. When you want. Where you want."

QuoteVisit us on Facebook.

It started with a simple but powerful idea. Frustrated with heavy vacuum bottles and clunky stoves, Jetboil founders Dwight Aspinwall and Perry Dowst set out to make outdoor cooking easier.

They discovered that the secret to a fast and friendly design lies in increasing heat transfer efficiency. Alternating between lab and mountains, a series of designs were subjected to intense experimental and field testing. The result is a product as reliable as it is remarkable; as usable as it is unique.

Jetboil cooking systems are manufactured in the shadow of New Hampshire's White Mountains, home of the most extreme weather in the world. We're proud of our work and dedicated to simplifying and personalizing mobile cooking.

FluxringTM Heating Technology

1 liter

1.5 liter

2 & 3 liter

error

Russell Kanning

and I thought the most extreme weather might be on the south pole or mt everest

Pat McCotter

The Story of the World Record Wind

During a wild April storm in 1934, a wind gust of 231 miles per hour (372 kilometers per hour) pushed across the summit of Mount Washington. This wind speed still stands as the all-time surface wind speed record. Below are excerpts from then-observer Alex McKenzie's book The Way It Was which accounts in detail the experience of documenting and living to tell the tale of a 231 mph wind.

more...

Russell Kanning

that's the same sad story .... in worse places, the recording device would have just broken.

mt washington might be the worst weather spot ... that people actually visit every day :)

Lex

error

I have the skillet for the Jetboil. Though I never got around to actually fishing, so I left it back in New Hampshire.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on July 09, 2008, 07:01 PM NHFT
I have the skillet for the Jetboil. Though I never got around to actually fishing, so I left it back in New Hampshire.

I thought you lived in New Hampshire.

Raineyrocks

I used to have a little habachi that I used all the time because it was so portable and I was kind of living in/out of my car for awhile. :)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: raineyrocks on July 10, 2008, 07:39 AM NHFT

He's hiking the Appalachian Trail.
http://www.ioerror.us/

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 10, 2008, 11:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on July 10, 2008, 07:39 AM NHFT

He's hiking the Appalachian Trail.
http://www.ioerror.us/

Oh, thanks!  I thought he was back from that already. :)

error

Raineyrocks