• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

City Council Blindsided by Freight Train as Boy Scouts Watch

Started by SamIam, July 29, 2008, 05:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SamIam

It's a beautiful way to spend 5 minutes:

If you like it, you can share it with others by adding it as a favorite, rating, commenting, or digging it here:

http://digg.com/educational/City_Council_Blindsided_by_Freight_Train_as_Boy_Scouts_Watch

SamIam

Pat K

Free libertarian

nobody films the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!!! 

nice job.

Dave Ridley

sam i can't wait until you are doing this stuff in new hampshire!

meanwhile i think i will produce a video about this situation using some of your vid, if thats ok

David

They really really don't like when they are recorded.  They know they behave in a way that the average person would find distasteful, and they don't want them to see it. 
Good job Sam.   :)

FTL_Ian

Will they reply, and how?

I predict at least one instance of:  "We will investigate"   ::)

FTL_Ian

SamIam

Thanks Ian - your FreeKeene post was well stated and to the point.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 29, 2008, 11:02 AM NHFT
sam i can't wait until you are doing this stuff in new hampshire!

meanwhile i think i will produce a video about this situation using some of your vid, if thats ok

Dave - Hopefully by the time I get up there, they will understand, he who messes with with porcupine, gets the quill. If not, I'll be happy to repeat the lesson as many times as needed. Do whatever you like with the footage, I only ask that the OTN logo remain visible.

Samiam

FTL_Ian

Quote from: SamIam on July 29, 2008, 01:02 PM NHFT
Dave - Hopefully by the time I get up there, they will understand, he who messes with with porcupine, gets the quill.

>:D

TackleTheWorld

"These men work for your company"
When you frame the issue that way it may be effective in not raising the hackles of the city council.  You are putting your complaint on the level of a customer service mistake, and maybe increasing your odds of a non-violent response.
But it's also giving the city the same moral status as a purely voluntary organization like a store. 
Why did you put it that way?
What did you think could be the most ideal response to your presentation?

lastlady

This got me all fired up this morning. Great work Sam!!!

I love how this clearly demonstrates the lawlessness of our court system. I am very curious to see what the city council's response will be.

Puke

Good job!
I doubt those councilors even give a shit.

Sam A. Robrin

How did the Boy Scouts react?
Reminded me that scouting was my first exposure to the hypocrisy of the practitioners of the ideals I'd been taught.  I still don't get how so many others can not see it!

SamIam

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 29, 2008, 03:03 PM NHFT
How did the Boy Scouts react?
Reminded me that scouting was my first exposure to the hypocrisy of the practitioners of the ideals I'd been taught.  I still don't get how so many others can not see it!

I didn't get the chance to see. I was zoned in on every movement, gesture, and breath the council members made. The guy in the middle wasn't watching for about 30 seconds, so I focused my attention on him until he decided to rejoin my presentation. (ie. stared at him for 30 seconds straight without looking away)  I also made eye contact with each person at the table, and put pauses in my precious 5 minutes to let them think about and let their body react to what I was saying. I walked up to the podium trembling, and it wasn't until about 1:30-2:00 before I calmed down enough to hit my stride, creating the perfect ending timed with the buzzer. :)

As I walked away, you could hear a pin drop in the room. Of course I sat right in front of a group of the bureaucrats friends and co-workers. They were waiving to them before the meeting started. The next lady up, was a senior who has made it her mission in life to hassle the bureaucrats. She say, "Well, that's a tough act to follow. I've been mistreated by your police, but never that bad. . .Well maybe. . . " She then went on to complain about trees not going far enough along a section of road in town. . . Sigh. . .

Josh

Give 'em hell, Sam!

Any plans to file charges for the obvious assault?