• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hotel booking sites: Which are the best?

Started by PowerPenguin, August 01, 2008, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

I'll be moving to NH from socal sometime in the next 1-1.5 mos, and it will take me 6 days to get there. I'll probably be able to score at least one free night due to stay points, but I still want to save as much as is possible, given that I'll have to start looking for work as soon as I "come home," as some like to say. Which hotel booking sites offer the most savings? I used Hotels.com last time, and their rates were about the same as booking directly using my AAA card. There are so many hotel booking sites out there these days claiming to be the best, but I haven't seen any decent reviews of them out there. How reliable are places like Hotwire.com that fill unused rooms? That would seem to be hit or miss as far as reliability (but like I said I've never tried them). I'm checking these sites out as I write this, but any credible first-hand feedback on them would be really helpful.

Gracias!

MengerFan

I used to save a boatload of money using Priceline.com. I remember one time I had a Courtyard Marriott room in MA at $20/night for a week.

PowerPenguin

Damn. How many years ago was that though? 8-)