• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm looking for large capacity CD folders.

Started by Puke, August 02, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on August 02, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
So, ya got any?  :)

Best Buy, Walmart, and places like that should have a pretty broad selection. I bought some that are like 200 capacity I believe when I was moving across the country. I think I paid about $15 each. It's amazing how much more practical they are than stacks of those space-hogging crystal cases. Why do they call them crystal when they're plastic, btw?

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on August 02, 2008, 10:28 PM NHFT
Best Buy, Walmart, and places like that should have a pretty broad selection. I bought some that are like 200 capacity I believe when I was moving across the country. I think I paid about $15 each. It's amazing how much more practical they are than stacks of those space-hogging crystal cases. Why do they call them crystal when they're plastic, btw?

Well no shit Sherlock!  :P
I was just curious if anyone had a case or two they needed to get rid of I'd buy it from them. Before I moved here I threw out several ~70 capacity folders.  >:(  Oh well.

Aren't they called jewel cases? Maybe when the CD case was invented the clear plastic was a new thing and looked all pretty and shiny, like a jewel. So the name stuck. Who knows?

Lloyd Danforth

Clear plastic was new, but around during WWII.  'Jewel Case' is probably just an advertising gimmick.  I had a friend in the mail order business.  I could take a penny, drill a hole in it and hang it on a used shoelace.  When she got done describing  the Damn thing you would want to buy several to pass down as heirlooms to your kids!

Puke

dalebert

After I packed all my CDs and DVDs into folders, I offered up my stacks of "jewel" cases for free to any of the hovering vultures- the people who showed up for my give-way notice on Craigslist. They acted like I was handing them stacks of real jewels. Such gratitude like you wouldn't believe. One man's trash, as they say. *shrug*

doobie

Just don't drive to mASSachusetts with them; unless they are from before 1998...

J’raxis 270145