• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visiting Keene, rest of NH

Started by vanguardist, August 20, 2008, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

vanguardist

I am planning on taking some days off from work and visiting Keene and other areas of New Hampshire in mid or late September. The idea is to spend a day or so in each place (the others possibly being the Dartmouth area and Manchester), drive/walk around, get a feel for things and perhaps check out some companies.

I'm looking at spending one night in Keene and would appreciate suggestions on where to stay (yes, yes, I am aware of the internet but locals sometimes know things that the big G doesn't). Must have wifi :P

Also, I'd love to meet some locals 8)

error

Come on by Taproom Tuesday while you're here and we'll show you a good time. :)

vanguardist

Quote from: error on August 20, 2008, 11:56 AM NHFT
Come on by Taproom Tuesday while you're here and we'll show you a good time. :)

Not a bad idea. My trip would start on a Tuesday so I could go straight to Manchester first. What time do people go to the Taproom?

error

dalebert

When I was closer, I usually made a point to show up before 6pm because appetizers are half price if you get your order in between 4 and 6 (happy hour). Beers on tap are $2 during happy hour and all night on Tuesday. I found that a people would either already be there when I arrived or arrive shortly thereafter. It was rare to wait very long before I had free stater company.

BTW, I have to be in Manchester tomorrow for a doctor appt. Anything going on?

vanguardist

error

Quote from: dalebert on August 20, 2008, 12:26 PM NHFT
BTW, I have to be in Manchester tomorrow for a doctor appt. Anything going on?

A bunch of us are going to Massachusetts to find refugees and point them the way home. :)

dalebert

Quote from: error on August 20, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT
A bunch of us are going to Massachusetts to find refugees and point them the way home. :)

Maybe I could ride along and help. When's it happening?

P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Vanguardist.

vanguardist

Quote from: dalebert on August 20, 2008, 01:18 PM NHFT

That's ok. You can buy me a beer the night of the 16th. With some planning and luck I'll be in at the Taproom.

dalebert

Quote from: vanguardist on August 20, 2008, 01:26 PM NHFT
That's ok. You can buy me a beer the night of the 16th. With some planning and luck I'll be in at the Taproom.

Well, I probably won't be there actually, since I live in Keene now but I could buy you a beer if you come to Social Sunday.

vanguardist

Quote from: dalebert on August 20, 2008, 02:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: vanguardist on August 20, 2008, 01:26 PM NHFT

Well, I probably won't be there actually, since I live in Keene now but I could buy you a beer if you come to Social Sunday.

Sounds good but my trip would only be Tuesday-Thursday  :'(

FTL_Ian

Sounds like an excuse for an extra trip to Vendetta during the week.

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 20, 2008, 02:58 PM NHFT
Sounds like an excuse for an extra trip to Vendetta during the week.

I think I can pull away from my busy schedule for a bit.  ;D

error

Quote from: dalebert on August 20, 2008, 01:18 PM NHFT

Go meet up with Alec and Kate at the West Springfield Showcase Cinemas tomorrow night. (See the I.O.U.S.A. thread.)

vanguardist

Alright peeps, the dates are set.

I'll be in Manchester September 18th, all day and spend a night there. On the 19th, I plan to visit the Lebanon area and then head to Keene, where I am going to spend another night. I'll leave on the 20th back home by noon.

If I can meet any of the locals, that would be great.