• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell cloned?

Started by AlanM, August 07, 2005, 01:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

SteveA, on the FSP forum claims to be a "double" for Russell, after seeing a picture from Porcfest.
DO NOT PANIC!!! SteveA seems to be a nice guy, so perhaps it will not be a problem, except at the Manchester Airport. I repeat DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Kat Kanning

AlanM

Actually, I thought it was rather fun. Has anyone else met their double? I have, though it was only for a brief moment, and he ran like a scared rabbit. Weird.

KBCraig

Quote from: AlanM on August 07, 2005, 01:21 PM NHFT
Actually, I thought it was rather fun. Has anyone else met their double? I have, though it was only for a brief moment, and he ran like a scared rabbit. Weird.

There are two other officers at work who bear the very slightest resemblance to me, just enough that inmates sometimes mix us up. But we don't *really* look all that much alike, just same general configuration/build/glasses. In our union office, there's a snapshot of our delegation to the national convention in Las Vegas from several years ago. I do a double-take every time I walk by, because there's my face staring back at me. Except I've never been to Vegas!

One of the two guys bearing a slight resemblance to me decided to grow a beard that year, and even I can't tell us apart.

Kevin

Otosan

I have never met my "twin", but my brother has.

My brother was at a weight lifting contest, where he was a contestant, when "I" walked in (I was over seas at the time).  My brother wondered why I did not come over and talk to him since I have been gone for nearly a year.  Finally in a rage he walks over to "me" and starts to say some thing to "me" when he realizes it was not me....
He took a picture of him and sent it to me.

I looked at the picture and tought...hey that is me....

AlanM

My brother has a picture taken at his daughter's wedding. No one in the family is sure who it is, him or me. It is a side shot, head only. We can't even tell by the clothes. ???

Russell Kanning

just get a bunch of guys in uniform .....cut off all their hair .... like Marine boot camp....and many look alike :)

Lloyd Danforth

My doppleganger was a politition in the Portland, ME area in the early 70's.  I don't remember his name, but, I have an article somewher with his picture.

AlanM

Met mine at the cafeteria at Ithaca College.

Rocketman

I ain't got a doppleganger.   :'( :'( :'(

A lot of people mistake me for another guy who lives in my old town, but he doesn't look a thing like me, so it ticks me off.  When I'm in town, people come up to me and say "Dude, when'd you cut your hair?!?!"  I say, five years ago, why?

Pat McCotter

Remember Charlie Chaplin lost a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest?

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/chaplin2.htm

SteveA

Quote from: AlanM on August 07, 2005, 01:13 PM NHFT
SteveA, on the FSP forum claims to be a "double" for Russell, after seeing a picture from Porcfest.
DO NOT PANIC!!! SteveA seems to be a nice guy, so perhaps it will not be a problem, except at the Manchester Airport. I repeat DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Gee, now I'm gonna have to drive to New Hampshire!

(Which is actually perfect because I prefer driving anyway)

QuoteOne of the two guys bearing a slight resemblance to me decided to grow a beard that year, and even I can't tell us apart.

It's possible we don't look as much alike as it seemed from the pictures.  I couldn't get a good enough look from the pictures, and the beard and glasses can obscure things some.  I'll admit I've had a tad tougher time keeping my *cough* stomach muscles *cough* from growing a bit larger than Russel's but anyway, yes my kids all thought it was me in the photo and didn't believe when I said it was someone else.
It actually could be fun playing some games like that (dress up the same and "mess" with peoples minds LOL ;D).

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: SteveA on August 08, 2005, 07:18 PM NHFTIt actually could be fun playing some games like that (dress up the same and "mess" with peoples minds LOL ;D).

....count on it 8)
I think PatK and JP r planning the same thing ;D

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on August 09, 2005, 02:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: SteveA on August 08, 2005, 07:18 PM NHFTIt actually could be fun playing some games like that (dress up the same and "mess" with peoples minds LOL ;D).

....count on it 8)
I think PatK and JP r planning the same thing ;D

Hey, I can't tell them apart.  ::)