• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Götterdämmerung Party?

Started by Lloyd Danforth, September 05, 2008, 06:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I'm thinking Götterdämmerung Party at the Compound.  I just don't know when to plan it. I'm thinking perhaps after the Polls close on Tues, 'cause...............you know................It will be Wednesday in Europe by then. 
Perhaps Wed. nite if we're not up too our asses in anti-matter, or something.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

toowm

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I meant Wednesday. I fixed it.  They're gonna fire up some big accelerator over in Europe. Could split the Earth,or something.

bigmike

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 05, 2008, 05:00 PM NHFT
I meant Wednesday. I fixed it.  They're gonna fire up some big accelerator over in Europe. Could split the Earth,or something.

uhh....

Russell Kanning

Friday

Free libertarian

Okay I'll ask.  What is Gotterdammerung? Is that German for "get er done"? I don't get out of Grafton
much as you can see.

KBCraig

It's German for "twilight of the gods", and in this case it's a Wagnerian opera.

Lloyd Danforth

No. In this case it is the possible splitting of the universe due to some machine they intend to turn on in Europe this Wednesday.
I'm surprised it didn't come up in conversation last night. Slipped my mind.

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Large_Hadron_Collider_Raises_Much_Concern_23761.html

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 06, 2008, 11:51 AM NHFT
...the possible splitting of the universe due to some machine they intend to turn on in Europe this Wednesday.
                                                                                                          .... Slipped my mind.

How steep and buttered is that slope?    :D

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 06, 2008, 11:51 AM NHFT
No. In this case it is the possible splitting of the universe due to some machine they intend to turn on in Europe this Wednesday.
I'm surprised it didn't come up in conversation last night. Slipped my mind.

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Large_Hadron_Collider_Raises_Much_Concern_23761.html

They will be turning it on on Wednesday. High energy collisions won't happen until October 21, 2008. So that earth splitting can happen anytime between!

Anything for a party, though!

Pat McCotter