• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Who is the fucking moron that put the McCain/Palin banner up?

Started by Free Masturbation Project, September 28, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Masturbation Project

Peace and Love

Brandon

Romak

Why would they be a moron? Thought anyone is entitled to support whomever they please. You have a serious issue and your language really isnt appreciated.

DigitalWarrior

I am voting McCain/Palin.

In the primary, I vote my conscience.  In the general, I vote the infinitesimally lesser of two evils.

DW

John

Quote from: DigitalWarrior on September 29, 2008, 09:11 AM NHFT

In the primary, I vote my conscience.  In the general, I vote the infinitesimally lesser of two evils.

DW

Each side of the one-party "duopoly" try to make you fear the other side more than you fear it.
Once they have frightened you into voting for their particular style of evil they win of your soul/mind.

I am not afraid.  I will not be voting for either evil.

Porcupine_in_MA

DW

What makes you think either "side" is a lesser evil?

DigitalWarrior

Quote from: Porcupine on September 29, 2008, 09:34 AM NHFT

DW

I believe that the Republicans at least give small-government a nod as a correct philosophy, where Democrats do not seem to be so inclined.  In practice, I see the Pubs putting moderates on the ticket and Dems putting Hard Left people on the ticket.  Dems still talk openly about taking guns and redistributing wealth.  The fact that the Pubs are disinclined to do so makes me more inclined to vote for them. 

I know that the Pubs have not held to their principals, but Dems increased spending by 17.5% in a year, prohibited business owners from allowing smoking in their establishments, tried to require seatbelts, tried to ban firearms in the state house, made homeschooling more difficult...  I no longer believe that they are the same. 

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: DigitalWarrior on September 29, 2008, 11:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: Porcupine on September 29, 2008, 09:34 AM NHFT

DW

I believe that the Republicans at least give small-government a nod as a correct philosophy, where Democrats do not seem to be so inclined.  In practice, I see the Pubs putting moderates on the ticket and Dems putting Hard Left people on the ticket.  Dems still talk openly about taking guns and redistributing wealth.  The fact that the Pubs are disinclined to do so makes me more inclined to vote for them. 

I know that the Pubs have not held to their principals, but Dems increased spending by 17.5% in a year, prohibited business owners from allowing smoking in their establishments, tried to require seatbelts, tried to ban firearms in the state house, made homeschooling more difficult...  I no longer believe that they are the same. 

As far as spending goes didn't this last Republican administration and congress blow away the Democrats in the 90's? The Republican's have may not talk about doing the same things as the Dem's doesn't mean that they're behaving any differently. They're both growing government in different ways. I don't see any difference at all.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteI believe that the Republicans at least give small-government a nod as a correct philosophy, where Democrats do not seem to be so inclined.

I really don't mean to turn this into a vote/no-vote dem/repub thing, but I just wanted to give my off-the-cuff response to that. I agree with you on that statement quoted above, which is exactly why I REFUSE to vote Republican. Supposedly, Republicans (casing a wide stroke here with a very wide brush) see small government as an ideal. Something about the nature of government, to a Republican, is supposed to be evil and MORE government is MORE evil. Yet every Republican Congress and every Republican president has increased the size of the government. Those people, supposedly recognizing evil, still vote for it. That frightens the hell out of me, put bluntly.

Democrats on the other hand, (again, wide stroke, wide brush) really do want to help people and they use the tool that they see as being the most effective way to meet that goal. It backfires and DOES hurt people and even makes the problems they're trying to solve worse. That's where I came from. The only thing I needed to move from "Democrat" was being shown that the tool I was using to meet my goal was worse than the problem in the first place. The desire to help the poor people and all of that is why I support the free market - it's the ideal "liberal" tool for meeting all of the social objectives on the Democrat platform. Same goal, new tools.

Of course, Barak Obama has stated publicly that "government has a monopoly privaledge on the use of force". This is a man who has both of the evils of Republicans and Democrats. He recognizes that the government is violence AND thinks that it's the way to go. That frightens the hell out of me.

I'm also to a place where I think the entire idea of "representative government" is a sham. Nobody represents me except me. So if I choose to vote this year (perhaps there are some issues or initiatives I might have an opinion on) I'll be voting "Kevin Dean" for President and "Lindsay Dean" as VP. I know I stand no chance on winning, but in the off chance I do I know that candidate will support my viewpoints AND object to taking office on the grounds that he doesn't represent anyone else's view points.

And finally, to the entire point of the thread...

I think it's just dandy to have the McCain Palin ads running. What better way to siphon funds from someone who might otherwise be trying to convince others to vote for Scumbag #2? I'd MUCH rather those funds go to maintaining a liberty focused site rather than actually trying to elects someone.

drumnaked!

At this point there's a decision to be made, Vote or not vote. Myself,I choose the latter. I have no intention of ever sponsoring the government to make itself bigger. But if you do vote, vote your conscience. Just know that even by voting your conscience, you are propagating the machine called big government either way.

Jared

Quote from: Kevin Dean on September 29, 2008, 11:44 AM NHFT
QuoteI believe that the Republicans at least give small-government a nod as a correct philosophy, where Democrats do not seem to be so inclined.

I think it's just dandy to have the McCain Palin ads running. What better way to siphon funds from someone who might otherwise be trying to convince others to vote for Scumbag #2? I'd MUCH rather those funds go to maintaining a liberty focused site rather than actually trying to elects someone.

exactly.

Raineyrocks

I think they all suck and sometimes I wish I never ever voted in the first place 4 years ago.  I used to think why vote for the lesser of two evils when they both are crap, then I thought maybe I could make a difference, ha, ha! ::)   

Sure I can make a difference in my own life and maybe somebody elses but not these asses that I voted for and I know I sound bitter but as more and more of our civil liberties are stripped away and we are treated like the criminals by a corrupt, greedy government I get angrier.   

I was hoping to vote for Ron Paul believing maybe this could be the change but then I thought why does everyone need a government anyway.   Does any of this make sense?   :P

Caleb

+1 to digital warrior for giving me a good laugh.

McCain as a moderate? Since when is waging war on a 3rd world nation for 100 years a moderate position? McCain is a dangerous warmongering extremist.  Not that Obama is any better, but honestly, the thought of killing millions of people being a somehow moderate position is loopy thinking.

Puke

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Caleb on September 29, 2008, 06:22 PM NHFT
+1 to digital warrior for giving me a good laugh.

McCain as a moderate? Since when is waging war on a 3rd world nation for 100 years a moderate position? McCain is a dangerous warmongering extremist.  Not that Obama is any better, but honestly, the thought of killing millions of people being a somehow moderate position is loopy thinking.

What was it that Dale said? Something like:—

"Liberals believe in violence at home.
Conservatives believe in violence abroad.
Moderates believe in both."

Sounds about right.