• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cheap Gas

Started by MaineShark, October 13, 2008, 03:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteI think the most expensive part of the drink is actually the cup, top, and straw.

Almost always the cup. Most places (at least, in my experience) actually charge for cups now because of that. Try getting just a cup of ice, sometimes they'll charge as much as $0.35 for it. I'm not complaining, I like me some pop, but yeah, it's insane.

Recumbent ReCycler

I paid $2.149/gallon a few days ago at the station in front of the Somersworth Wal-Mart.  It looks like some places in NH are selling gas for $1.99/gallon.  http://www.newhampshiregasprices.com

Russell Kanning

very cool how things have gotten back to some sanity $2/gallon

have we survived the Bush oil fiasco?

margomaps

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFThave we survived the Bush oil fiasco?

I think the run-up in commodity prices in general (and oil in particular) had very little to do with Bush or the stupid war.  Bubbles have been forming in various parts of the economy -- "tech equities", mortgages, commodities, financial markets, and so on -- since government started fiddling with the economy on day 1.

Since Obama and the Dems in power now are extremely hostile to using oil, I am more interested in whether their anti-oil policies (reductions/bans on both domestic exploration and foreign imports, more oil taxes, and huge subsidies to non-oil energy sources) will artificially drive the price of oil up to European levels.  We shall see.

Russell Kanning

it took an oilman in office to do it right

Lloyd Danforth

Stock up if you have a way to store it

JonM

Those damn parafins make it expensive to store.

Russell Kanning

I would say it will keep going down.

JonM

Now if you could buy a gas card for X number of gallons, that would be nice.

dalebert

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 12, 2008, 09:51 AM NHFT
Now if you could buy a gas card for X number of gallons, that would be nice.

Kind of like the new postage stamps.

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

I saw $2.14 in Concord.  :)

Recumbent ReCycler

Today I saw gas for $2.059/gallon in Durham.

neggy

wow at these prices I can start driving my truck again!
at 14 mpg I avoid it like the clap... I guess that's why an 06 truck only has 6000 miles on it.
When the plow is on the pig and I'm pushing snow 10 mpg or less.

Luckily my daily driver is close to 30 MPG, our other 3 cars all are around 22 mpg

the bikes are 40 mpg plus

I think there is still  some 4.50 a gallon gas in my premium fuel only Harley.

I didn't feel guilty today using the leaf blower !

2.239 in Southern NH

KBCraig

There are two things that don't suck about still being in Texas:

1) Gas is $1.909, and still falling.
2) I haven't had to pay for heating yet. We're still sleeping with the windows open. On the other hoof, we're still trying to pay off the summer's A/C bills, so it's a wash.